Philip Seymour Hoffman Reportedly Chronicled Battle With 'Demons' in Diaries
Two diaries which chronicle Philip Seymour Hoffman's struggle with drug addiction reportedly have been found by NYPD in the actor's apartment. According to NBC News, handwritten entries in the diaries reveal Hoffman's battle with "demons" and his attempts to stay clean by attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings. "It seems he did at least part of it in rehab. It definitely contained some soul-searching. But there is also a fair amount of rambling that doesn't make sense," a source said.
"Its stream of consciousness and difficult to follow. In one line he refers to 'Frank who always owes money' and on the same page he writes about a 15-year-old girl from Texas," the source added. The Oscar-winning actor allegedly also wrote about feeling "ashamed that he was going out and hanging out and drinking." Hoffman had been sober for more than two decades before he relapsed and passed away of apparent drug overdose.
Hoffman additionally was said being in a love triangle before he passed away. Sources at the law enforcement office told New York Post on Tuesday, February 11 that Hoffman was "caught in between" his love with his longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell and an unidentified woman.
The "Capote" star mentioned the love triangle in his private diaries. The actor reportedly also implied that the woman was a factor which caused him to move out of the apartment he shared with O'Donnell. The sources added that O'Donnell told him to stay away from their three children if he still used drugs.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed