Mariah Carey Debuts Music Video for New Single 'You're Mine (Eternal)'
Shortly after dropping her new single titled "You're Mine (Eternal)", Mariah Carey releases its accompanying music video. Premiered on MTV on Wednesday, February 12, the clip opens with the singer who's covered in glitter sitting topless under a waterfall.
She's then seen swimming underwater in a white dress before appearing on a tree and singing the song in the middle of a rain forest. In another place, Mimi's on-screen love interest, played by Trey Songz, is going shirtless and striking some poses during a photo shoot.
"I can't seem to live without your love/ Suffocating here by myself/ Dying for your touch," Carey sings the emotional ballad which was produced by Rodney Jerkins.
The "You're Mine (Eternal)" video, which was shot at Puerto Rico's El Yungue National Rain Forest, won't be Carey's only project with Songz. She has enlisted the rapper for the remix version of the track.
"You're Mine (Eternal)" will be featured in Carey's oft-delayed upcoming album, "The Art of Letting Go". Scheduled to arrive on May 6, the follow-up to 2009's "Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel" has also spawned Miguel-assisted "#Beautiful" and title track "The Art of Letting Go".
Upon releasing her new single, Carey visited "The Breakfast Club" and talked about several things, including her experience on "American Idol". "I don't even remember what that was. That was a moment in my life that I'm going to press delete," she explained.
She also had some nice words for Ariana Grande, who has declared that Carey is her inspiration. "I wish everybody all the best of luck and if this is the career path they choose, hope that they can achieve longevity," Carey said.
More Mariah Carey News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce