Nathan Fielder Talks About Dumb Starbucks on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
Comedian Nathan Fielder, who recently revealed that he's the owner of highly-talked parody coffee shop Dumb Starbucks, appeared in the February 11 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Stopping by the late-night talk show, the comedian opened up about health department closing down the shop because of health permit issue.
"What they don't understand is, technically, legally speaking, we're an art gallery, and the coffee we're selling is considered the art, and art galleries don't need health permits," the "Nathan for You" star said of his store being shut down. "We have to deal with the health board right now, we met with them today and apparently, I just really found this out: the penalty is up to six months in jail, so we're trying to be very nice to them."
During the show, the host Jimmy Kimmel also mentioned that one of the staffers had to queue for three hours for a cup of "dumb coffee." "Did he like it?" Fielder asked, to which Kimmel answered, "He said it was fine, yeah." Fielder then said, "Our coffee and our beans were just usually whatever Ralphs had on sale that day."
"I think a lot of Americans maybe lost hope that innovation in business was gone and I think people saw, wow, there's a whole new way of doing things now," Fielder commented on why his business strategy got much attention. "It kind of allowed people to dream again, in a way."
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years