Nathan Fielder Talks About Dumb Starbucks on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
Comedian Nathan Fielder, who recently revealed that he's the owner of highly-talked parody coffee shop Dumb Starbucks, appeared in the February 11 episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live!". Stopping by the late-night talk show, the comedian opened up about health department closing down the shop because of health permit issue.
"What they don't understand is, technically, legally speaking, we're an art gallery, and the coffee we're selling is considered the art, and art galleries don't need health permits," the "Nathan for You" star said of his store being shut down. "We have to deal with the health board right now, we met with them today and apparently, I just really found this out: the penalty is up to six months in jail, so we're trying to be very nice to them."
During the show, the host Jimmy Kimmel also mentioned that one of the staffers had to queue for three hours for a cup of "dumb coffee." "Did he like it?" Fielder asked, to which Kimmel answered, "He said it was fine, yeah." Fielder then said, "Our coffee and our beans were just usually whatever Ralphs had on sale that day."
"I think a lot of Americans maybe lost hope that innovation in business was gone and I think people saw, wow, there's a whole new way of doing things now," Fielder commented on why his business strategy got much attention. "It kind of allowed people to dream again, in a way."
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'