Melissa McCarthy Wears Paper Bag and Robs Burger Joint in 'Tammy' Trailer
Melissa McCarthy pulls a Shia LaBeouf, putting on a paper bag to conceal her face in the first trailer for her new comedy "Tammy". With a fake gun made of another paper bag, she enters a fast food joint and asks for free meal.
Tammy (McCarthy) thinks she is living a nice, steady life, until she loses her job and then learns that her husband has been unfaithful. This causes her to set off on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother (Susan Sarandon) and run into mischief along the way.
The comedy is directed by Ben Falcone who previously appeared in McCarthy's hit cop comedy "The Heat". Meanwhile, she serves as a producer with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay who directed him in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". She also writes the screenplay with Falcone.
"Tammy" will be released in the United States on July 4. Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Bates, Allison Janney, and Toni Collette are in the supporting roles along with Falcone.
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered