Melissa McCarthy Wears Paper Bag and Robs Burger Joint in 'Tammy' Trailer
Melissa McCarthy pulls a Shia LaBeouf, putting on a paper bag to conceal her face in the first trailer for her new comedy "Tammy". With a fake gun made of another paper bag, she enters a fast food joint and asks for free meal.
Tammy (McCarthy) thinks she is living a nice, steady life, until she loses her job and then learns that her husband has been unfaithful. This causes her to set off on a road trip with her alcoholic grandmother (Susan Sarandon) and run into mischief along the way.
The comedy is directed by Ben Falcone who previously appeared in McCarthy's hit cop comedy "The Heat". Meanwhile, she serves as a producer with Will Ferrell and Adam McKay who directed him in "Anchorman: The Legend Continues". She also writes the screenplay with Falcone.
"Tammy" will be released in the United States on July 4. Dan Aykroyd, Kathy Bates, Allison Janney, and Toni Collette are in the supporting roles along with Falcone.
- Nathan Keyes to Play Justin Timberlake in Lifetime's Britney Spears Biopic
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris