'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'Flappy Bird' With 'Flappy Bert'
Gamers who didn't get a chance to download "Flappy Bird" to their smart phones can now enjoy the same experience with "Flappy Bert". Created by the Sesame Street Workshop, the spoof game launched around the same time "Flappy Bird" creator Dong Nguyen deleted the addictive mobile game.
"Flappy Bert" features one of beloved Muppet characters, Bert. Like the original version, players must make Bert, who flies with the help of a blue bird, soar through the air while avoiding "Sesame's" version of treacherous tubes. Whenever he falls to the ground, Bert will scream, "Ernie!"
"Flappy Bird", which has drawn criticisms due to its likeness to Nintendo's Super Mario Bros, was recently pulled from application store by its creator Dong Nguyen at the height of popularity. He stated that it's not "related to legal issues," but he simply thought the game "was just too addictive."
"I just wanted to create a game that people could enjoy for a few minutes," he explained on Tuesday, February 11. But gamers appear to have spent hours at a time to play the game. "That was the main negative. So I decided to take it down," he said.
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show