'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'Flappy Bird' With 'Flappy Bert'
Gamers who didn't get a chance to download "Flappy Bird" to their smart phones can now enjoy the same experience with "Flappy Bert". Created by the Sesame Street Workshop, the spoof game launched around the same time "Flappy Bird" creator Dong Nguyen deleted the addictive mobile game.
"Flappy Bert" features one of beloved Muppet characters, Bert. Like the original version, players must make Bert, who flies with the help of a blue bird, soar through the air while avoiding "Sesame's" version of treacherous tubes. Whenever he falls to the ground, Bert will scream, "Ernie!"
"Flappy Bird", which has drawn criticisms due to its likeness to Nintendo's Super Mario Bros, was recently pulled from application store by its creator Dong Nguyen at the height of popularity. He stated that it's not "related to legal issues," but he simply thought the game "was just too addictive."
"I just wanted to create a game that people could enjoy for a few minutes," he explained on Tuesday, February 11. But gamers appear to have spent hours at a time to play the game. "That was the main negative. So I decided to take it down," he said.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics