'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'Flappy Bird' With 'Flappy Bert'
Gamers who didn't get a chance to download "Flappy Bird" to their smart phones can now enjoy the same experience with "Flappy Bert". Created by the Sesame Street Workshop, the spoof game launched around the same time "Flappy Bird" creator Dong Nguyen deleted the addictive mobile game.
"Flappy Bert" features one of beloved Muppet characters, Bert. Like the original version, players must make Bert, who flies with the help of a blue bird, soar through the air while avoiding "Sesame's" version of treacherous tubes. Whenever he falls to the ground, Bert will scream, "Ernie!"
"Flappy Bird", which has drawn criticisms due to its likeness to Nintendo's Super Mario Bros, was recently pulled from application store by its creator Dong Nguyen at the height of popularity. He stated that it's not "related to legal issues," but he simply thought the game "was just too addictive."
"I just wanted to create a game that people could enjoy for a few minutes," he explained on Tuesday, February 11. But gamers appear to have spent hours at a time to play the game. "That was the main negative. So I decided to take it down," he said.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic