'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'Flappy Bird' With 'Flappy Bert'
Gamers who didn't get a chance to download "Flappy Bird" to their smart phones can now enjoy the same experience with "Flappy Bert". Created by the Sesame Street Workshop, the spoof game launched around the same time "Flappy Bird" creator Dong Nguyen deleted the addictive mobile game.
"Flappy Bert" features one of beloved Muppet characters, Bert. Like the original version, players must make Bert, who flies with the help of a blue bird, soar through the air while avoiding "Sesame's" version of treacherous tubes. Whenever he falls to the ground, Bert will scream, "Ernie!"
"Flappy Bird", which has drawn criticisms due to its likeness to Nintendo's Super Mario Bros, was recently pulled from application store by its creator Dong Nguyen at the height of popularity. He stated that it's not "related to legal issues," but he simply thought the game "was just too addictive."
"I just wanted to create a game that people could enjoy for a few minutes," he explained on Tuesday, February 11. But gamers appear to have spent hours at a time to play the game. "That was the main negative. So I decided to take it down," he said.
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Sidelined From 'DWTS' Due to Injury. Watch How He Hurt His Calf
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli