'Sesame Street' Spoofs 'Flappy Bird' With 'Flappy Bert'
Gamers who didn't get a chance to download "Flappy Bird" to their smart phones can now enjoy the same experience with "Flappy Bert". Created by the Sesame Street Workshop, the spoof game launched around the same time "Flappy Bird" creator Dong Nguyen deleted the addictive mobile game.
"Flappy Bert" features one of beloved Muppet characters, Bert. Like the original version, players must make Bert, who flies with the help of a blue bird, soar through the air while avoiding "Sesame's" version of treacherous tubes. Whenever he falls to the ground, Bert will scream, "Ernie!"
"Flappy Bird", which has drawn criticisms due to its likeness to Nintendo's Super Mario Bros, was recently pulled from application store by its creator Dong Nguyen at the height of popularity. He stated that it's not "related to legal issues," but he simply thought the game "was just too addictive."
"I just wanted to create a game that people could enjoy for a few minutes," he explained on Tuesday, February 11. But gamers appear to have spent hours at a time to play the game. "That was the main negative. So I decided to take it down," he said.
- New Couple Alert! Anwar Hadid Is Dating Nicola Peltz
- Chrissy Teigen Blasts Paparazzi on Twitter After She and John Legend Were Called 'Monkeys'
- Arcade Fire Responds to Trump's Inauguration in 'I Give You Power' Ft. Mavis Staples
- Louis Tomlinson and Danielle Campbell Break Up Weeks After His Mom's Death
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Files for Divorce From Wife of 22 Years, Sara Kapfer
- First Look at Susan Sarandon and Jessica Lange on Ryan Murphy's 'Feud'
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Having a Blast Coming Up With Baby Names'
- Topless Ariel Winter Shows Off Breast Reduction Scars in New Unretouched Pics