'Biggest Loser' Winner Admits to Gruesome Exercise but Denies Eating Disorder
Latest "The Biggest Loser" winner Rachel Frederickson denied that she had an eating disorder though she admitted to strenuous exercise regime. The 24-year-old voice artist stated that she's "very, very healthy" despite her dramatic weight loss of 155 pounds within 7 months.
Frederickson won the 15th season of the NBC reality show on February 4 finale after shedding almost 60 percent of her initial weight. She stunned not only Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper but also her own trainer Dolvett Quince. "The first thing that went through my mind was, 'That's just too much,' " Quince told People.
Frederickson, who won $250,000 as the winner, maintained a 1600-calorie diet daily and worked out six hours a day during three months leading up to the finale in hope of impressing her friends and family, and winning the competition. "Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic in my training to get to the finale," Frederickson admitted.
Despite the gaunt look she displayed at the finale, Frederickson's weight loss is declared normal. "Rachel passed all the required medical tests ensuring she was healthy," the show's executive producer, Dave Broome, assured. At 5'4", her BMI at 18 actually is below the threshold doctors consider normal, People reported.
Nevertheless, Frederickson is happy with herself. She told reporters at a conference call after the finale, "I've officially found that proud, confident girl that I lost. I was an athletic national-level swimmer, and to have that athlete come back again, it's just truly an amazing feeling and I'm going to embrace the new me and continue this journey. And my body is going to balance and find its way with the new maintenance and it will be perfect."
- Rolling Stones' Ronnie Wood Welcomes Twins at Age 68
- Tyga's New Lady Demi Rose Tries to Copy Kylie Jenner by Wearing Similar Strappy Bikini
- Shawn Mendes Teases His Upcoming Album
- Kim Kardashian Visits Snapchat Office. See Some Exclusive Filters She Gets!
- Alicia Keys Goes Makeup Free, Pens Powerful Essay About Overcoming Her Insecurities
- Simon Cowell and His Snarky Comments Make Return on 'America's Got Talent' Season 11 Premiere
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture