'Biggest Loser' Winner Admits to Gruesome Exercise but Denies Eating Disorder
Latest "The Biggest Loser" winner Rachel Frederickson denied that she had an eating disorder though she admitted to strenuous exercise regime. The 24-year-old voice artist stated that she's "very, very healthy" despite her dramatic weight loss of 155 pounds within 7 months.
Frederickson won the 15th season of the NBC reality show on February 4 finale after shedding almost 60 percent of her initial weight. She stunned not only Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper but also her own trainer Dolvett Quince. "The first thing that went through my mind was, 'That's just too much,' " Quince told People.
Frederickson, who won $250,000 as the winner, maintained a 1600-calorie diet daily and worked out six hours a day during three months leading up to the finale in hope of impressing her friends and family, and winning the competition. "Maybe I was a little too enthusiastic in my training to get to the finale," Frederickson admitted.
Despite the gaunt look she displayed at the finale, Frederickson's weight loss is declared normal. "Rachel passed all the required medical tests ensuring she was healthy," the show's executive producer, Dave Broome, assured. At 5'4", her BMI at 18 actually is below the threshold doctors consider normal, People reported.
Nevertheless, Frederickson is happy with herself. She told reporters at a conference call after the finale, "I've officially found that proud, confident girl that I lost. I was an athletic national-level swimmer, and to have that athlete come back again, it's just truly an amazing feeling and I'm going to embrace the new me and continue this journey. And my body is going to balance and find its way with the new maintenance and it will be perfect."
- Jimmy Kimmel Breaks Down Oscar Mix-Up: How Denzel Washington Helped Save the Day
- Get a Look at New 'Wonder Woman' Cool Photos and Concept Art
- Which Green Lantern Member to Appear in 'Justice League' Allegedly Revealed
- Ashley Tisdale Claps Back at Fat-Shamers Saying She Looks Pregnant
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga's Wedding Is Going to Get Spin-Off Series
- Josh Hartnett and Girlfriend Expecting Baby No. 2 - See Her Baby Bump at Oscars After-Party
- Kong Destroys Helicopters and Kills Skull Crawlers in Final 'Kong: Skull Island' Trailer
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!