Michael Jordan and Wife Welcome Twin Daughters
Michael Jordan's wife Yvette Prieto has given birth to their first children together. The couple welcomed their identical twin girls on Sunday, February 9 in West Palm Beach, Florida. The parents named their babies Victoria and Ysabel.
"Michael and Yvette Jordan are thrilled to announce that their identical twin daughters, Victoria and Ysabel, were born Sunday, February 9, 2014 in West Palm Beach, Florida," Jordan's manager said in a statement to E! News. "Yvette and the babies are doing well and the family is overjoyed at their arrival." The babies are Yvette's first children. Jordan, meanwhile, is already a father to three other children with his former wife Juanita Vanoy.
Jordan and Yvette got married last April after five years of dating. They exchanged vows in front of 300 guests at the Episcopal church Bethesda-by-the Sea, before celebrating the union with 1,500 other guests at the Bears Club, in Jupiter, Fla. Us Weekly reported that Robin Thicke, Usher, Tiger Woods, Patrick Ewing and Spike Lee were among guests at the reception.
The legendary basketball player then announced exciting news seven months later. Jordan confirmed in November that he and his wife were expecting their first child together.
More Michael Jordan News
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle
- Jessa Duggar and Ben Seewald Expecting Baby No. 2
- Back Off! Jay-Z Pushes Away Male Fan for Getting Too Close to Beyonce Knowles