David Cassidy's Wife Files for Divorce
David Cassidy's wife, Sue Cassidy, has filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage. According to TMZ, Sue filed the papers on Tuesday, February 11. Sue did not say whether David's struggle with drinking problems contributed to their separation, but she told the site that she believed David would get back on track. "I'm glad David is getting the help he needs and I am confident he will come back better and stronger than ever," she shared.
"This has been looming for some time. I am truly heartbroken that our marriage is ending," Sue said of the separation. The couple reportedly had been living separately for 4 months before she filed for divorce. David and Sue have a 23-year-old son, Beau.
David has been arrested three times for DUI. He was taken into custody in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013. His latest run-in with the law took place on January 10 in Los Angeles. The former teen star was pulled over after making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway. He was released after posting a $15,000 bail.
David has checked himself into rehab to treat his drinking problem. "I will remain in treatment for as long as necessary, and I am getting the best care I can possibly get anywhere," he recently told Entertainment Tonight.
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'