David Cassidy's Wife Files for Divorce
David Cassidy's wife, Sue Cassidy, has filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage. According to TMZ, Sue filed the papers on Tuesday, February 11. Sue did not say whether David's struggle with drinking problems contributed to their separation, but she told the site that she believed David would get back on track. "I'm glad David is getting the help he needs and I am confident he will come back better and stronger than ever," she shared.
"This has been looming for some time. I am truly heartbroken that our marriage is ending," Sue said of the separation. The couple reportedly had been living separately for 4 months before she filed for divorce. David and Sue have a 23-year-old son, Beau.
David has been arrested three times for DUI. He was taken into custody in Florida in November 2010 and in upstate New York in August 2013. His latest run-in with the law took place on January 10 in Los Angeles. The former teen star was pulled over after making an illegal turn while exiting the 405 freeway. He was released after posting a $15,000 bail.
David has checked himself into rehab to treat his drinking problem. "I will remain in treatment for as long as necessary, and I am getting the best care I can possibly get anywhere," he recently told Entertainment Tonight.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope