Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Nancy Motes Left Notes, Officials Say
Nancy Motes, Julia Roberts' younger half sister who was found dead in a bathroom of apparent drug overdose on Sunday, February 9, left suicide notes prior to her death, officials said. Deputy chief of the L.A. County coroner's office Ed Winter told L.A. Times that there were "several written notes" left by Motes, but he would not reveal the content.
A source, however, told New York Daily News that the notes detailed Motes' relationship with Roberts as well as an apology to her boyfriend. "It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it," the source claimed.
"There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to [her fiance John Dilbeck]," the source added.
Before Motes died, she reportedly ranted about her sister in several Twitter posts under the handle @Dabbs76. "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B----!!" she wrote on January 20. "[M]y own family has abandoned me," she tweeted on January 22. The tweets were no longer available on Tuesday.
Roberts' family said in a statement that they were "both shocked and devastated" by their loss. On Monday, the "Pretty Woman" star canceled her scheduled appearances including on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
More Julia Roberts News
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'