Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Nancy Motes Left Notes, Officials Say
Nancy Motes, Julia Roberts' younger half sister who was found dead in a bathroom of apparent drug overdose on Sunday, February 9, left suicide notes prior to her death, officials said. Deputy chief of the L.A. County coroner's office Ed Winter told L.A. Times that there were "several written notes" left by Motes, but he would not reveal the content.
A source, however, told New York Daily News that the notes detailed Motes' relationship with Roberts as well as an apology to her boyfriend. "It was definitely a suicide. She left a five-page suicide letter. The EMT found it," the source claimed.
"There were three pages of rantings that her sister drove her to do this. There was one page to her mom, telling her how much she loved her, and one page apologizing to [her fiance John Dilbeck]," the source added.
Before Motes died, she reportedly ranted about her sister in several Twitter posts under the handle @Dabbs76. "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B----!!" she wrote on January 20. "[M]y own family has abandoned me," she tweeted on January 22. The tweets were no longer available on Tuesday.
Roberts' family said in a statement that they were "both shocked and devastated" by their loss. On Monday, the "Pretty Woman" star canceled her scheduled appearances including on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!".
More Julia Roberts News
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21
- DJ Khaled Releases New Album 'Grateful'
- Is Drake Expecting a Son?
- Ellen DeGeneres Punishes Audience Member for Stealing on the Show
- Report: Shin Min A Accompanies BF Kim Woo Bin Receiving Cancer Treatment