Billy Ray Cyrus Partners With Buck 22 for Rap Sequel to 'Achy Breaky Heart'
Billy Ray Cyrus has teamed up with Dionne Warwick's son Buck 22 to release the hip-hop version of his 1992 hit single, "Achy Breaky Heart". The new version entitled "Achy Breaky 2" arrived on Tuesday, February 11 along with its music video.
"Two decades later 'Achy Breaky Heart' has a new #hiphop spin to it thanks to my friend @billyraycyrus & @buck22music," Cyrus tweeted. He also included a link to the bizarre clip that opens with Larry King announcing that a UFO has been "seen transcending over Europe."
The video then shows Miley Cyrus' father and Buck 22 getting abducted by scantily-clad aliens who twerk and party in their spacecraft.
Buck 22, who's a son of R&B singer Warwick and jazz drummer Bill Elliott, has released a statement in which he talks about how the collaboration with Cyrus happened. "I asked [Cyrus] if he would mind if I could take a crack at remaking 'Achy Breaky Heart' and he looked at me for a moment, and said 'lots of people have tried already, but go for it,' " he said as cited by Rolling Stone.
"He didn't have a clue that I had already gone into the lab and cooked up a demo of what I thought would be a fun EDM/hip-hop styled version, which at the time only had a sample from the original of his voice. He liked what he heard and, weeks later, arrived at the session to record this track," he added.
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones