Billy Ray Cyrus Partners With Buck 22 for Rap Sequel to 'Achy Breaky Heart'
Billy Ray Cyrus has teamed up with Dionne Warwick's son Buck 22 to release the hip-hop version of his 1992 hit single, "Achy Breaky Heart". The new version entitled "Achy Breaky 2" arrived on Tuesday, February 11 along with its music video.
"Two decades later 'Achy Breaky Heart' has a new #hiphop spin to it thanks to my friend @billyraycyrus & @buck22music," Cyrus tweeted. He also included a link to the bizarre clip that opens with Larry King announcing that a UFO has been "seen transcending over Europe."
The video then shows Miley Cyrus' father and Buck 22 getting abducted by scantily-clad aliens who twerk and party in their spacecraft.
Buck 22, who's a son of R&B singer Warwick and jazz drummer Bill Elliott, has released a statement in which he talks about how the collaboration with Cyrus happened. "I asked [Cyrus] if he would mind if I could take a crack at remaking 'Achy Breaky Heart' and he looked at me for a moment, and said 'lots of people have tried already, but go for it,' " he said as cited by Rolling Stone.
"He didn't have a clue that I had already gone into the lab and cooked up a demo of what I thought would be a fun EDM/hip-hop styled version, which at the time only had a sample from the original of his voice. He liked what he heard and, weeks later, arrived at the session to record this track," he added.
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed