Idina Menzel to Perform 'Frozen' Soundtrack 'Let It Go' at Oscars
Idina Menzel has been tapped to perform at the upcoming Oscars. The Broadway star, who voices Queen Elsa in Disney's "Frozen (2013)", is set to sing "Let It Go" from the animated movie's soundtrack at the awards-giving show on March 2.
Menzel has shared her excitement on Twitter. "It's really happening. I'm singing on the Oscars! Surreal. Thank u frozen family and Oscar producers for this incredible opportunity,' she wrote on Tuesday, February 11.
"Let It Go", written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, is featured in "Frozen" soundtrack album, which has so far spent 4 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard 200.
The song is currently up for Best Original Song award at this year's Oscars. It's nominated alongside Pharrell Williams' "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her" and U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom".
"Frozen" is also nominated in Best Animated Feature category. In addition to Menzel, the Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee-directed film stars Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad. The successful movie has earned $900 million dollars at the box office worldwide.
This year's Oscars will be aired live on ABC from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
- NBC Officially Greenlights 'Will and Grace' Revival
- Drake Meets J.Lo's Children - Are They Getting Serious?
- Bella Hadid and Justin Bieber Accuse Selena Gomez of Using The Weeknd for Promotion
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together