Idina Menzel to Perform 'Frozen' Soundtrack 'Let It Go' at Oscars
Idina Menzel has been tapped to perform at the upcoming Oscars. The Broadway star, who voices Queen Elsa in Disney's "Frozen (2013)", is set to sing "Let It Go" from the animated movie's soundtrack at the awards-giving show on March 2.
Menzel has shared her excitement on Twitter. "It's really happening. I'm singing on the Oscars! Surreal. Thank u frozen family and Oscar producers for this incredible opportunity,' she wrote on Tuesday, February 11.
"Let It Go", written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, is featured in "Frozen" soundtrack album, which has so far spent 4 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard 200.
The song is currently up for Best Original Song award at this year's Oscars. It's nominated alongside Pharrell Williams' "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her" and U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom".
"Frozen" is also nominated in Best Animated Feature category. In addition to Menzel, the Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee-directed film stars Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad. The successful movie has earned $900 million dollars at the box office worldwide.
This year's Oscars will be aired live on ABC from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor
- Iggy Azalea's Brand New Single 'Mo Bounce' Released in Full
- Possible Leaked Concept Art of 'Deadpool 2' Features Brad Pitt as Cable