Idina Menzel to Perform 'Frozen' Soundtrack 'Let It Go' at Oscars
Idina Menzel has been tapped to perform at the upcoming Oscars. The Broadway star, who voices Queen Elsa in Disney's "Frozen (2013)", is set to sing "Let It Go" from the animated movie's soundtrack at the awards-giving show on March 2.
Menzel has shared her excitement on Twitter. "It's really happening. I'm singing on the Oscars! Surreal. Thank u frozen family and Oscar producers for this incredible opportunity,' she wrote on Tuesday, February 11.
"Let It Go", written by Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez, is featured in "Frozen" soundtrack album, which has so far spent 4 non-consecutive weeks at No. 1 on Billboard 200.
The song is currently up for Best Original Song award at this year's Oscars. It's nominated alongside Pharrell Williams' "Happy" from "Despicable Me 2", Karen O's "The Moon Song" from "Her" and U2's "Ordinary Love" from "Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom".
"Frozen" is also nominated in Best Animated Feature category. In addition to Menzel, the Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee-directed film stars Kristen Bell, Jonathan Groff and Josh Gad. The successful movie has earned $900 million dollars at the box office worldwide.
This year's Oscars will be aired live on ABC from the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed