'Tarzan' Starring Alexander Skarsgard and Margot Robbie Gets Release Date
Warner Bros.' "Tarzan" reboot has locked a release date. The upcoming movie starring Alexander Skarsgard as the titular jungle man and Margot Robbie as his love interest, Jane, is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on July 1, 2016.
The 3D live-action film that will also be supported by Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz will open against "Independence Day" sequel and "Angry Birds" movie. Other July 2016 releases are "Ice Age 5" (July 15) and "Planet of the Apes 3" (July 29).
Directed by "Harry Potter" helmer David Yates, "Tarzan" is based on the classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It revolves around a child who grew up in the jungle alone after his parents died. He later meets a woman from modern world and experiences civilization for the first time.
"Tarzan has been an enduring and enigmatic figure in literature and cinema for more than a century," says WB's Sue Kroll. "The adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
Another big-screen adaptation, also a 3D but animated, is expected to hit U.K. on May 2 this year after playing in some European countries late last year. "Tarzan (2013)" is voiced by Kellan Lutz as Tarzan and Spencer Locke as Jane Porter.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers