'Tarzan' Starring Alexander Skarsgard and Margot Robbie Gets Release Date
Warner Bros.' "Tarzan" reboot has locked a release date. The upcoming movie starring Alexander Skarsgard as the titular jungle man and Margot Robbie as his love interest, Jane, is scheduled to make its way out in the United States on July 1, 2016.
The 3D live-action film that will also be supported by Samuel L. Jackson and Christoph Waltz will open against "Independence Day" sequel and "Angry Birds" movie. Other July 2016 releases are "Ice Age 5" (July 15) and "Planet of the Apes 3" (July 29).
Directed by "Harry Potter" helmer David Yates, "Tarzan" is based on the classic novel by Edgar Rice Burroughs. It revolves around a child who grew up in the jungle alone after his parents died. He later meets a woman from modern world and experiences civilization for the first time.
"Tarzan has been an enduring and enigmatic figure in literature and cinema for more than a century," says WB's Sue Kroll. "The adventures of a man who was torn between two worlds has entertained and intrigued people young and old, and we are excited to bring him to the screen for a new generation."
Another big-screen adaptation, also a 3D but animated, is expected to hit U.K. on May 2 this year after playing in some European countries late last year. "Tarzan (2013)" is voiced by Kellan Lutz as Tarzan and Spencer Locke as Jane Porter.
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly