Hugh Jackman Confirmed to Host Tony Awards for Fourth Time
Hugh Jackman is the official host for the upcoming 68th annual Tony Awards. "Guys, I couldn't wait another minute," he says in an Instagram video. "I wanted you to be the first to know this year I'll be hosting the Tony Awards on June 8. We're going to be at Radio City Music Hall. See you there."
It will mark the fourth time "The Wolverine" actor hosts Tony Awards, matching Neil Patrick Harris' hosting record. The "How I Met Your Mother" star hosted the event celebrating Broadway talents in 2009 and the last three years, and won two Emmys for the gig.
Jackman himself previously served as an emcee for three consecutive years from 2003-05, and won an Emmy for his hosting effort in 2004. He also earned another Emmy for his role in stage musical "The Boy from Oz" and got a special award for Extraordinary Contribution to the Theatre Community.
The upcoming Tony Awards will be live telecast on CBS. Nominees will be revealed on April 29. "We are thrilled to have Hugh Jackman return to host the Tony Awards," says CBS' Jack Sussman. "Hugh is the ultimate performer - actor, singer and dancer - he does it all, second to none. He is a consummate entertainer and the one you want out there hosting your live television event."
Jackman's last appearances on The Great White Way were in 2009, when he starred in "A Steady Rain" with Daniel Craig, and in 2012, when he did one-man show "Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway". He was originally tapped for upcoming play "Houdini", but dropped out of the project. He is still expected to return to Broadway in Jez Butterworth's "The River".
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'