Hugh Jackman Confirmed to Host Tony Awards for Fourth Time
Hugh Jackman is the official host for the upcoming 68th annual Tony Awards. "Guys, I couldn't wait another minute," he says in an Instagram video. "I wanted you to be the first to know this year I'll be hosting the Tony Awards on June 8. We're going to be at Radio City Music Hall. See you there."
It will mark the fourth time "The Wolverine" actor hosts Tony Awards, matching Neil Patrick Harris' hosting record. The "How I Met Your Mother" star hosted the event celebrating Broadway talents in 2009 and the last three years, and won two Emmys for the gig.
Jackman himself previously served as an emcee for three consecutive years from 2003-05, and won an Emmy for his hosting effort in 2004. He also earned another Emmy for his role in stage musical "The Boy from Oz" and got a special award for Extraordinary Contribution to the Theatre Community.
The upcoming Tony Awards will be live telecast on CBS. Nominees will be revealed on April 29. "We are thrilled to have Hugh Jackman return to host the Tony Awards," says CBS' Jack Sussman. "Hugh is the ultimate performer - actor, singer and dancer - he does it all, second to none. He is a consummate entertainer and the one you want out there hosting your live television event."
Jackman's last appearances on The Great White Way were in 2009, when he starred in "A Steady Rain" with Daniel Craig, and in 2012, when he did one-man show "Hugh Jackman: Back on Broadway". He was originally tapped for upcoming play "Houdini", but dropped out of the project. He is still expected to return to Broadway in Jez Butterworth's "The River".
More Hugh Jackman News
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Outlander' Leads the Full TV Winner List
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Moving In With Kate Hudson Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- People's Choice Awards 2017: 'Finding Dory' Leads Movie Winners
- Janelle Monae and Maxwell Are Set to Perform at Women's March
- Nicole Kidman Reportedly Expecting a Baby at 49
- Julia Roberts Joins 'Smurfs: The Lost Village'. Get the First Look!
- Ryan Lochte Unveils Baby's Sex, Dishes on Wedding Plans With Fiancee Kayla Rae Reid
- Road to Reconciliation? Kris and Caitlyn Jenner Are Reportedly in Joint Therapy