Tom Brokaw Reveals Battle With Cancer
Tom Brokaw remains positive following a cancer diagnosis. In a statement released by NBC on Tuesday, February 11, the news anchor revealed that he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma back in August. This type of cancer affects blood cells in the bone marrow.
"With the exceptional support of my family, medical team and friends, I am very optimistic about the future and look forward to continuing my life, my work and adventures still to come," Brokaw said. "I remain the luckiest guy I know."
"I am very grateful for the interest in my condition but I also hope everyone understands I wish to keep this a private matter," he added. Brokaw also said that his doctors were optimistic about his progress after receiving treatment.
The 72-year-old news anchor started working in the network in 1966. Although Brokaw was receiving treatment, he kept working on projects such as a two-hour documentary on the assassination of JFK, making an appearance on "Today" show and others, as well as contributing to the news coverage of the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage