Former Child Star Shirley Temple Died of Natural Causes
Former child actress Shirley Temple passed away on Monday, February 10 at the age of 85. A representative of the actress said she died of natural causes at her home in Woodside, California surrounded by her family and caregivers.
"We salute her for a life of remarkable achievements as an actor, as a diplomat, and most importantly as our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother and adored wife of 45 years," a statement from the rep read. "We ask that our family be given the opportunity at this time of loss to grieve privately."
Funeral arrangements were pending and a remembrance guest book would be set up shortly at www.shirleytemple.com, the family said in a statement.
Temple began acting at the age of 3 in a series of one-reel spoofs titled "Baby Burlesks". Before she was 10, she had starred in more than 30 films including "Curly Top" and "The Little Princess". Temple became one of the most iconic child stars of the 20th Century. Her popularity died down in her teens and she announced retirement at the age of 21.
Temple was married twice, the first to Army Air Corps private John Agar in 1945 and the second to Charles Alden Black in 1950. She has three children from the two marriages. She ran for Congress as Republican in 1967 but was unsuccessful. She succeeded in battling breasts cancer in 1972 and was honored lifetime achievement award at the 2006 Screen Actors Guild Awards.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group