'Trophy Wife' Plans 'Scandal' Parody
"Trophy Wife" will show fans how to fix a problem a la Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope. The sitcom is planning a "Scandal" parody for an upcoming episode slated to air later this season, so the show's producers reveal to reporters.
Co-creator and executive producer Emily Halpern teases, "We have an episode coming up that becomes a Scandal parody." She goes on sharing the plot detail, "Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) has a bit of a failure, which as we know is very unlike her, and she winds up sort of binge-watching a lot of Scandal episodes and channels her Olivia Pope."
Executive producer Lee Eisenberg adds that Diane will then enlist the help of Kate (Malin Akerman) in "taking down the conspiracy in the PTA." He gushes, "[It's] very high stakes."
Trophy Wife airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on ABC. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is set to appear in a March episode which will poke fun at the dating reality show.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle