'Trophy Wife' Plans 'Scandal' Parody
"Trophy Wife" will show fans how to fix a problem a la Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope. The sitcom is planning a "Scandal" parody for an upcoming episode slated to air later this season, so the show's producers reveal to reporters.
Co-creator and executive producer Emily Halpern teases, "We have an episode coming up that becomes a Scandal parody." She goes on sharing the plot detail, "Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) has a bit of a failure, which as we know is very unlike her, and she winds up sort of binge-watching a lot of Scandal episodes and channels her Olivia Pope."
Executive producer Lee Eisenberg adds that Diane will then enlist the help of Kate (Malin Akerman) in "taking down the conspiracy in the PTA." He gushes, "[It's] very high stakes."
Trophy Wife airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on ABC. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is set to appear in a March episode which will poke fun at the dating reality show.
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Wants to Adopt Baby With British Boyfriend
- Back at It! Natalie Portman Returns to Work After Giving Birth to Daughter Amalia
- Cara Delevingne Sports Bald Head on 'Life in a Year' Filming Set
- Elton John Cancels Entire Las Vegas Shows Due to 'Unusual Bacterial Infection'
- Finding 'Comfort,' Brad Pitt Plans to Buy New Place in L.A. Arts District After Angelina Jolie Split
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Star Jesse Williams and Wife Split After Nearly 5 Years of Marriage
- Hollywood Writers Authorize a Strike. Will It Repeat the 2007 WGA Strike?
- Ben Affleck Steps Out for First Time Since Filing for Divorce From Jennifer Garner