'Trophy Wife' Plans 'Scandal' Parody
"Trophy Wife" will show fans how to fix a problem a la Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope. The sitcom is planning a "Scandal" parody for an upcoming episode slated to air later this season, so the show's producers reveal to reporters.
Co-creator and executive producer Emily Halpern teases, "We have an episode coming up that becomes a Scandal parody." She goes on sharing the plot detail, "Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) has a bit of a failure, which as we know is very unlike her, and she winds up sort of binge-watching a lot of Scandal episodes and channels her Olivia Pope."
Executive producer Lee Eisenberg adds that Diane will then enlist the help of Kate (Malin Akerman) in "taking down the conspiracy in the PTA." He gushes, "[It's] very high stakes."
Trophy Wife airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on ABC. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is set to appear in a March episode which will poke fun at the dating reality show.
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- 'Supernatural': Mark Sheppard Won't Return as Series Regular in Season 13