'Trophy Wife' Plans 'Scandal' Parody
"Trophy Wife" will show fans how to fix a problem a la Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope. The sitcom is planning a "Scandal" parody for an upcoming episode slated to air later this season, so the show's producers reveal to reporters.
Co-creator and executive producer Emily Halpern teases, "We have an episode coming up that becomes a Scandal parody." She goes on sharing the plot detail, "Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) has a bit of a failure, which as we know is very unlike her, and she winds up sort of binge-watching a lot of Scandal episodes and channels her Olivia Pope."
Executive producer Lee Eisenberg adds that Diane will then enlist the help of Kate (Malin Akerman) in "taking down the conspiracy in the PTA." He gushes, "[It's] very high stakes."
Trophy Wife airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on ABC. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is set to appear in a March episode which will poke fun at the dating reality show.
- Selena Gomez Has Lunch Date With The Weeknd After Celebrating Birthday Without Him
- Newlyweds Kate Mara and Jamie Bell Flaunt Wedding Rings in Cute Pic
- 'Game of Thrones' 7.03 Preview: Jon Snow Meets Daenerys
- Jay-Z Spends Second Week Atop Billboard 200 With '4:44', French Montana Debuts at No. 3
- Box Office: 'Dunkirk' and 'Girls Trip' Exceed Expectations, 'Valerian' Bombs
- Kylie Jenner's Snapchat Is Hacked, Culprit Threatens to Expose Nude Photos of 'KUWTK' Star
- Frank Ocean Brings Out Brad Pitt During Captivating Performance at FYF Festival
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park