'Trophy Wife' Plans 'Scandal' Parody
"Trophy Wife" will show fans how to fix a problem a la Kerry Washington's Olivia Pope. The sitcom is planning a "Scandal" parody for an upcoming episode slated to air later this season, so the show's producers reveal to reporters.
Co-creator and executive producer Emily Halpern teases, "We have an episode coming up that becomes a Scandal parody." She goes on sharing the plot detail, "Diane (Marcia Gay Harden) has a bit of a failure, which as we know is very unlike her, and she winds up sort of binge-watching a lot of Scandal episodes and channels her Olivia Pope."
Executive producer Lee Eisenberg adds that Diane will then enlist the help of Kate (Malin Akerman) in "taking down the conspiracy in the PTA." He gushes, "[It's] very high stakes."
Trophy Wife airs Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c on ABC. "The Bachelor" host Chris Harrison is set to appear in a March episode which will poke fun at the dating reality show.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'