Video: Taylor Swift Teams Up With Emeli Sande to Perform 'Next to Me' at London Show
Taylor Swift invited Emeli Sande to perform together at her London show on Monday night, February 10. Wearing a double-decker bus shirt and a pair of black shorts, the country singer brought out the British songbird to sing "Next to Me" for the crowd at London's O2 Arena.
'I was thinking about playing the O2 and the last time I played it," she told the audience before welcoming Sande to the stage. "I had a great time and I got to meet one of my favorite artists and I watched her clean up at the BRIT Awards last year. Then I got this idea what if she might come out and sing a song for you. What would you say if I told you that Emeli Sande is here?"
Sande then appeared on the stage wearing a black dress. She walked alongside Swift as she belted out lines of the track featured in her album "Our Version of Events".
"Tonight @emelisande surprised our London crowd with 'Next to Me'!! SHE IS SO HEAVENLY. I've had the best time here," Swift tweeted after the performance.
Sande is not the first surprise guest at Swift's European shows. The "22" hitmaker has so far brought out pal Ed Sheeran, singer/songwriter Sam Smith and The Script's Danny O'Donoghue during her recent concerts.
Swift is currently on her "Red" tour to support her Grammy award-nominated album "Red". Her fifth and last show at O2 Arena will happen on Tuesday night, February 11.
More Taylor Swift News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'