First Look at Lady Sif on 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.'
After first revealed during the TCA winter press tour last January, Lady Sif's appearance on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." is now teased in a picture. Making its way out online, the photo features Jaimie Alexander in her character's complete costume while standing near Agent Coulson's vintage car Lola.
"We always have our radar up for ways to tie our series into the Marvel films and bringing in an Asgardian really cements that connection," executive producer Jed Whedon says of the upcoming crossover episode.
"Lady Sif comes here on a hunting mission - sent by Odin - to find her arch-enemy Lorelei and bring her back to Asgard," Whedon dishes on the episode titled "Yes Men", which will air March 11. "It throws our agents for a loop when they find themselves in a fight right alongside this powerful woman from Thor's world."
Executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen shares their reaction when seeing Alexander in Sif's costume. "Jaimie walked onto the set in full Lady Sif regalia just as she looks in the movies - from the huge, mile-high boots to the metal armor - and she towered over everyone," she recalls. "It was so striking and impressive, all we could do was stare. It was very cool!"
Star Ming-Na Wen chimes in, "She is a woman warrior and she's godlike and she has to wear these kicka** boots and I was so happy I wasn't the only one who had to walk around this awful floor and fight in high heel boots. It was just nice to have someone else on set to empathize with."
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri