Lena Dunham Reveals Book Release Date and Cover
Lena Dunham's first book "Not That Kind of Girl: A Young Woman Tells You What She's 'Learned' " is set to hit stores later this year. The "Girls" creator took to Instagram on Monday, February 10 to share a photo of her proudly holding the new book and announce its release date.
"It's official. Coming 10/7/14," she captioned the photo. The book, which cover features the title written in big, black and fuchsia letters, offers "frank and funny advice on everything from sex to eating to traveling to work," the publisher claimed.
After Dunham confirmed the release date, fans began to voice their excitement on Twitter. "YES YES YES YES YES the new Bible! I can't wait," a fan tweeted. "Oh my god. Also this is my sisters birthday no lie--you are so in tune with my soul!!!! Can't wait mama!!!!!" another fan wrote.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Random House acquired the book in October 2012 with a $3.7-million offer. "We're thrilled to welcome Lena to Random House. Her skill on the page as a writer is remarkable - fresh, wise, so assured. She is that rare literary talent that will only grow from strength to strength and we look forward to helping her build a long career as an author," said Susan Kamil, the editor-in-chief and publisher of Random House back then.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked