Karen O Debuts New Version of 'The Moon Song' Featuring Ezra Koenig
Karen O has contributed to the soundtrack of Spike Jonze's movie "Her" by recording "The Moon Song". Now, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman teamed up with Vampire Weekend's vocalist Ezra Koenig for the new version of her song.
The slow acoustic tune features O and Koenig switching off between lines over the sounds of guitar and piano. "We're lying on the moon/ It's a perfect afternoon/ Your shadow follows me all day/ Making sure I'm okay and we're a million miles away," they sing the chorus.
"I wrote the song as a duet," O explained to Rolling Stone. "I was really excited at the prospect of getting to record it with a male vocalist. Ezra was super cool and open, he slipped into character like a champ and damn he's got the goods."
"Singing this song with Ezra felt like fulfilling a wish of my die-hard romantic junior high self," O continued. "It's a dreamy tune. Spike's 'Her' is the gift that keeps on giving."
The original version of "The Moon Song" is now up for the Best Original Song award at the upcoming Oscars. "It's wild because 'The Moon Song' was written and recorded in the most humble of circumstances; at my dining room table, a few paces away from the couch I read the script for 'Her' for the first time," O recently said of being nominated at the big event in movie.
- Desperate to Lose Weight, Mariah Carey Opts for Breast Reduction Surgery
- Get a Glimpse of Demi Moore and Eva Longoria in 'Empire' Season 3B Teaser
- Marc Anthony Makes First Red Carpet Appearance With Girlfriend Mariana Downing
- Rihanna Is Not Taking Remy Ma's Side in Rapper's Feud With Nicki Minaj
- New Teaser for 'Love Actually' Short Film Reunites Original Cast Members
- Ashley Olsen and Richard Sachs Have Called It Quits After Five Months of Dating
- Future and The Weeknd Tease 'Comin Out Strong' Music Video Filmed in Subway Car
- 'Legion' Season Finale Preview: You're Gods