Karen O Debuts New Version of 'The Moon Song' Featuring Ezra Koenig
Karen O has contributed to the soundtrack of Spike Jonze's movie "Her" by recording "The Moon Song". Now, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs frontwoman teamed up with Vampire Weekend's vocalist Ezra Koenig for the new version of her song.
The slow acoustic tune features O and Koenig switching off between lines over the sounds of guitar and piano. "We're lying on the moon/ It's a perfect afternoon/ Your shadow follows me all day/ Making sure I'm okay and we're a million miles away," they sing the chorus.
"I wrote the song as a duet," O explained to Rolling Stone. "I was really excited at the prospect of getting to record it with a male vocalist. Ezra was super cool and open, he slipped into character like a champ and damn he's got the goods."
"Singing this song with Ezra felt like fulfilling a wish of my die-hard romantic junior high self," O continued. "It's a dreamy tune. Spike's 'Her' is the gift that keeps on giving."
The original version of "The Moon Song" is now up for the Best Original Song award at the upcoming Oscars. "It's wild because 'The Moon Song' was written and recorded in the most humble of circumstances; at my dining room table, a few paces away from the couch I read the script for 'Her' for the first time," O recently said of being nominated at the big event in movie.
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'