Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen Reunite for 'Xmas' Comedy
Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen are set to reunite in a new feature film. The two actors who play on-screen buddies in 2011's drama comedy "50/50" are booked to share screen once again in an untitled Xmas comedy.
The holiday film will follow three childhood best friends who reunite in New York City for their annual tradition of going out on Christmas Eve. Gordon-Levitt and Rogen will play two of the three buddies, while the third lead role is yet to be cast.
Sony beat out other studios to nab the project which eyes a summer start date. "50/50" director Jonathan Levine is confirmed to set behind the lens. "50/50" producers/financiers Joe Drake and Nathan Kahane are also on board the upcoming movie.
"50/50" which featured Gordon-Levitt as a cancer patient raked in over $39 million against a modest $8 million budget. It also gained critical acclaim and received Best Picture nomination at the 69th Golden Globe Awards.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri