Lea Michele Releases Cory Monteith Tribute Song 'You're Mine'
Lea Michele has released a new track titled "You're Mine". It's an emotional tribute song to Cory Monteith, her late boyfriend and "Glee" co-star who died of a toxic overdose of heroin and alcohol back in July 2013.
Produced by Chris Braide, the song was recorded before Monteith passed away. "You're mine for life/ And I'll be by your side/ We are entwined," Michele belts out the chorus. "You're mine for life/ Hold me until we die/ I'm yours and you are mine."
"You're Mine" is set to be featured in Michele's upcoming debut album, "Louder". She said in a Twitter post on Monday, February 10 that the song was her favorite track off the record. "It's so special to me & it's story is so close to my heart," she explained.
The 27-year-old starlet also talked about the song in an interview with Elle magazine late last year. "It makes me so happy, this song," she told the mag. "It makes me think so much of Cory. It was ours. When I think of him, I play this."
Michele's "Louder" album is scheduled to arrive on March 4. It has so far spawned Sia Furler-penned single "Cannonball" and break-up tune "Battlefield".
More Lea Michele News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?