Lea Michele Releases Cory Monteith Tribute Song 'You're Mine'
Lea Michele has released a new track titled "You're Mine". It's an emotional tribute song to Cory Monteith, her late boyfriend and "Glee" co-star who died of a toxic overdose of heroin and alcohol back in July 2013.
Produced by Chris Braide, the song was recorded before Monteith passed away. "You're mine for life/ And I'll be by your side/ We are entwined," Michele belts out the chorus. "You're mine for life/ Hold me until we die/ I'm yours and you are mine."
"You're Mine" is set to be featured in Michele's upcoming debut album, "Louder". She said in a Twitter post on Monday, February 10 that the song was her favorite track off the record. "It's so special to me & it's story is so close to my heart," she explained.
The 27-year-old starlet also talked about the song in an interview with Elle magazine late last year. "It makes me so happy, this song," she told the mag. "It makes me think so much of Cory. It was ours. When I think of him, I play this."
Michele's "Louder" album is scheduled to arrive on March 4. It has so far spawned Sia Furler-penned single "Cannonball" and break-up tune "Battlefield".
More Lea Michele News
- New Photo of 'Once Upon a Time' Musical Episode Gives First Look at the Groom
- Mel B's Ex Stephen Belafonte Begs Her for Money
- Lucasfilm to Develop More 'Star Wars' Spin-Offs Soon
- Frank Ocean Releases Another New Catchy Song 'Lens'
- Kylie Jenner Forced to Leave Las Vegas Event by Anti-Fur Protestors
- Awkward Reunion! Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom Say a Quick Hello at Pal's Birthday
- Scott Disick Caught Bringing a 'Tramp' to His Hotel Room in 'KUWTK' Preview
- Gigi Hadid's Super Sweet Birthday Picture With Zayn Malik Will Make You Jealous