Lea Michele Releases Cory Monteith Tribute Song 'You're Mine'
Lea Michele has released a new track titled "You're Mine". It's an emotional tribute song to Cory Monteith, her late boyfriend and "Glee" co-star who died of a toxic overdose of heroin and alcohol back in July 2013.
Produced by Chris Braide, the song was recorded before Monteith passed away. "You're mine for life/ And I'll be by your side/ We are entwined," Michele belts out the chorus. "You're mine for life/ Hold me until we die/ I'm yours and you are mine."
"You're Mine" is set to be featured in Michele's upcoming debut album, "Louder". She said in a Twitter post on Monday, February 10 that the song was her favorite track off the record. "It's so special to me & it's story is so close to my heart," she explained.
The 27-year-old starlet also talked about the song in an interview with Elle magazine late last year. "It makes me so happy, this song," she told the mag. "It makes me think so much of Cory. It was ours. When I think of him, I play this."
Michele's "Louder" album is scheduled to arrive on March 4. It has so far spawned Sia Furler-penned single "Cannonball" and break-up tune "Battlefield".
More Lea Michele News
- Father of 3 Daughters Extends 'Redneck Love' to Ariana Grande After Manchester Bombing
- Shia LaBeouf Sued for Defamation and Assault Following Bowling Alley Fight
- Blac Chyna Sends Fans Into Frenzy With Steamy Topless Pic
- 'Luke Cage' Season 2 Will Explore Luke's Public Identity
- Get a Look at Hulk's Glamorous Sakaar Bed in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Brad Pitt, Pharrell and More Celebrity Pals Attend Chris Cornell's Funeral
- Ariana Grande's Boyfriend Mac Miller Cancels Two Shows Following Manchester Bombing
- Brad Pitt to Remove His Angelina Jolie Tattoos to Have a 'Fresh Start'