Comedian Nathan Fielder Revealed as the Owner of Dumb Starbucks
Comedian Nathan Fielder, who is popular for his appearance on Comedy Central's "Nathan For You", is behind the highly-talked Dumb Starbucks which opened in L.A. recently. In a YouTube video which was uploaded on Monday, February 10, Fielder reveals that he is the owner of the parody coffee shop.
In the 52-second video, Fielder says he is the "president" of Dumb Starbucks and promotes the new coffee shop. "Many of you know me as a comedian, but this is not bit or joke. This is a real business I plan to get rich from," he states.
In a press conference on Monday at 4 P.M., Fielder additionally explained that he planned to expand the business. "We'll see how it goes in Brooklyn. This has been overwhelming," he said, as quoted by E! News.
The Dumb Starbucks store looks similar to Starbucks', except that the parody shop sports the word dumb. The shop claimed that what they were doing was legal "under parody law" because they were "making fun" of the company.
"We are evaluating next steps and while we appreciate the humor, they cannot use our name, which is a protected trademark," Starbucks said in an e-mail to USA Today earlier that day. Starbucks spokeswoman Laurel Harper additionally told the Associated Press that copyright infringement issues usually were "handled informally."
We're now open for business! Visit us at 1802 Hillhurst Ave in Los Angeles. pic.twitter.com/WnVefrYM9b— Dumb Starbucks (@dumbstarbucks) February 7, 2014
- Madonna Is 'Getting Serious' With Her New Toy Boy
- Is Angelina Jolie Adopting More Children Following Brad Pitt Divorce?
- Is Kim Kardashian Exiting 'KUWTK' for Politics?
- Rita Ora Releases New Single 'Your Song'
- Beyonce Demands a Silent Birth
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018