Channing Tatum Writes 'Magic Mike 2' While Staring at Matthew McConaughey Bust
Channing Tatum starts writing "Magic Mike 2" and reveals co-star Matthew McConaughey as his inspiration. The father of one has posted on Instagram a picture of himself holding stationery and chewing a pen.
To get his creative juices flowing, the "White House Down" actor is seen gazing at the McConaughey bust placed on his desk. "What better way to start writing #MagicMike2 than with my old friend Dallas? #runatribe," so he wrote.
"It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," he once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first "Magic Mike" was released in 2012. Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the dramedy starred Tatum, McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, and Joe Manganiello. With a reported budget of only $7 million, it went on to gross over $160 million worldwide.
Tatum will next be seen in "Jupiter Ascending" and "22 Jump Street". Fresh off his roles in two critically-acclaimed movies "Dallas Buyers Club" and "The Wolf of Wall Street", McConaughey, meanwhile, will next star in Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar".
- Check Out J.Lo's Skin-Baring and Eva Longoria's Classy Looks at Billboard Latin Music Awards
- Gigi Hadid and Zayn Malik Get Cuddly in V Magazine's 'Gigi's Journal'
- Get First Look at David Thewlis' Ares in New 'Wonder Woman' Footage
- 'The Flash' Movie Eying 'Back to the Future' Director Robert Zemeckis
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right