Channing Tatum Writes 'Magic Mike 2' While Staring at Matthew McConaughey Bust
Channing Tatum starts writing "Magic Mike 2" and reveals co-star Matthew McConaughey as his inspiration. The father of one has posted on Instagram a picture of himself holding stationery and chewing a pen.
To get his creative juices flowing, the "White House Down" actor is seen gazing at the McConaughey bust placed on his desk. "What better way to start writing #MagicMike2 than with my old friend Dallas? #runatribe," so he wrote.
"It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama," he once said. "The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences."
The first "Magic Mike" was released in 2012. Directed by Steven Soderbergh, the dramedy starred Tatum, McConaughey, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew Bomer, and Joe Manganiello. With a reported budget of only $7 million, it went on to gross over $160 million worldwide.
Tatum will next be seen in "Jupiter Ascending" and "22 Jump Street". Fresh off his roles in two critically-acclaimed movies "Dallas Buyers Club" and "The Wolf of Wall Street", McConaughey, meanwhile, will next star in Christopher Nolan's "Interstellar".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked