Shayne Lamas 'Conscious and Stable' After Miscarriage
The star of "The Bachelor", Shayne Lamas, had miscarriage following a medical emergency. The reality star was rushed to hospital on Sunday, February 9 at around 7:35 P.M. after she collapsed at her Orange County, Calif. home. PEOPLE reports that Shayne was bleeding internally around her uterus and underwent a surgery. The star, who was 16 weeks along, lost her unborn baby after the surgery.
Shayne's father Lorenzo Lamas released a statement on Monday to give updates about his daughter. "We are so grateful that my daughter, Shayne Lamas-Richie, is conscious and stable. She is not in a coma, however she did miscarry the child she was carrying," he said.
"Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released," the former soap star continued, thanking medical personnel who treated his daughter.
The 28-year-old star's husband Nik Richie additionally said that he would be with his wife during recovery. "I'm going to take some personal days off from the blogging world. Unfortunate things happen to good people. I'm not the best person in the world, but I love my wife and my family. Shayne is my good person. She is my support and my smile. I found you and I never want to let you go. We will overcome. Us 3," he wrote on his website TheDirty.com.
Shayne and Rik got married in 2010. The couple has a daughter named Press Dahl Lamas-Richie, who was born in November 2011.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes