Shayne Lamas 'Conscious and Stable' After Miscarriage
The star of "The Bachelor", Shayne Lamas, had miscarriage following a medical emergency. The reality star was rushed to hospital on Sunday, February 9 at around 7:35 P.M. after she collapsed at her Orange County, Calif. home. PEOPLE reports that Shayne was bleeding internally around her uterus and underwent a surgery. The star, who was 16 weeks along, lost her unborn baby after the surgery.
Shayne's father Lorenzo Lamas released a statement on Monday to give updates about his daughter. "We are so grateful that my daughter, Shayne Lamas-Richie, is conscious and stable. She is not in a coma, however she did miscarry the child she was carrying," he said.
"Shayne is aware of her condition and that her family and her husband are here with her and love her so much. She will be remaining in the hospital until her doctors determine that she can be released," the former soap star continued, thanking medical personnel who treated his daughter.
The 28-year-old star's husband Nik Richie additionally said that he would be with his wife during recovery. "I'm going to take some personal days off from the blogging world. Unfortunate things happen to good people. I'm not the best person in the world, but I love my wife and my family. Shayne is my good person. She is my support and my smile. I found you and I never want to let you go. We will overcome. Us 3," he wrote on his website TheDirty.com.
Shayne and Rik got married in 2010. The couple has a daughter named Press Dahl Lamas-Richie, who was born in November 2011.
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child