Video: Samuel L. Jackson Berating on TV Interview After Being Mistaken for Laurence Fishburne
Samuel L. Jackson went off on a news anchor who confused him with Laurence Fishburne. The Nick Fury of Marvel's film franchise was mistaken with the "Hannibal" actor during an interview on KTLA to promote his new movie "RoboCop".
"Did you get a lot of reaction from that Super Bowl commercial?" the TV reporter Sam Rubin asked, clearly referring to the KIA ad featuring "Matrix" star Fishburne. Bewildered, Jackson asked back, "What Super Bowl commercial?" The news anchor looked confused and Jackson said, "See, you're as crazy as the people on Twitter. I'm not Laurence Fishburne!"
Rubin tried to apologize, but Jackson went on a long tirade. "We don't all look alike. We may be all black and famous, but we all don't look alike. You're busted," he said. "You're the entertainment reporter for this station? And you don't know the difference between me and Laurence Fishburne? There must be a very short line for your job."
Keeping a smile on his face despite obviously being annoyed, Jackson wouldn't let Rubin continue with his question about "RoboCop". "My mistake, I apologize. Let's talk about 'Robocop'," Rubin said, but the actor interjected, "Oh hell no! Really? I'm the other guy."
After the snafu, Rubin apologized on-air and described Jackson's tirade as "the shellacking I well deserved." He added, "I pride myself on the fact - that unlike a lot of people who do this kind of work - more often than not, I really do know what I'm talking about. I'm really embarrassed about (what happened), and I very much apologize to Samuel L. Jackson and anyone else who was offended for what was a very amateur mistake."
- Ivanka Trump's Brother-In-Law Joshua Kushner Joined Women's March on Washington
- Like It or Not, Donald Trump's Inauguration Draws Second Biggest Ratings in 36 Years
- Madonna Defends 'Blowing Up the White House' Remark as Secret Service Is Planning to Investigate Her
- Is 'Once Upon a Time' Preparing a Musical Episode in Season 6?
- 'Split' Tops Domestic Box Office, 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Hits $1 Billion Worldwide
- Possible First Look at Superman's Black Suit in 'Justice League' Unveiled
- The Weeknd's 'Starboy' Stays at No. 1, The xx's 'I See You' Nabs Second Place on Billboard 200
- Keke Palmer Accuses Trey Songz of 'Sexual Intimidation' for Including Her in His Video