'Game of Thrones' Star Ed Skrein to Replace Jason Statham in 'Transporter' Reboot
A lead role in the upcoming "Transporter" reboot has been cast. "Game of Thrones" actor Ed Skrein is tapped to assume the role of non-nonsense driver Frank Martin who was portrayed by Jason Statham in the first three films.
"We searched everywhere to find a fresh face who had the potential to become an action movie star and we've found the right match with Ed Skrein, who's not only a great actor but also has enough charisma and physical stamina to play Frank Martin (the 'Transporter's' leading role) with brio," EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert told Variety.
The reboot will return to the French Riviera and give more depth to the character of Martin, including his relationship with his father. Camille Delamarre ("Brick Mansion") will serve as a director, and Bill Collage and Adam Cooper ("Accepted", "Tower Heist") will write the script.
No actor has been tapped to play Martin's father. The upcoming "Transporter 4" is planned to kick off a new trilogy. Production is expected to begin in June this year, while the release date will be announced later.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie