'Game of Thrones' Star Ed Skrein to Replace Jason Statham in 'Transporter' Reboot
A lead role in the upcoming "Transporter" reboot has been cast. "Game of Thrones" actor Ed Skrein is tapped to assume the role of non-nonsense driver Frank Martin who was portrayed by Jason Statham in the first three films.
"We searched everywhere to find a fresh face who had the potential to become an action movie star and we've found the right match with Ed Skrein, who's not only a great actor but also has enough charisma and physical stamina to play Frank Martin (the 'Transporter's' leading role) with brio," EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert told Variety.
The reboot will return to the French Riviera and give more depth to the character of Martin, including his relationship with his father. Camille Delamarre ("Brick Mansion") will serve as a director, and Bill Collage and Adam Cooper ("Accepted", "Tower Heist") will write the script.
No actor has been tapped to play Martin's father. The upcoming "Transporter 4" is planned to kick off a new trilogy. Production is expected to begin in June this year, while the release date will be announced later.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake