'Game of Thrones' Star Ed Skrein to Replace Jason Statham in 'Transporter' Reboot
A lead role in the upcoming "Transporter" reboot has been cast. "Game of Thrones" actor Ed Skrein is tapped to assume the role of non-nonsense driver Frank Martin who was portrayed by Jason Statham in the first three films.
"We searched everywhere to find a fresh face who had the potential to become an action movie star and we've found the right match with Ed Skrein, who's not only a great actor but also has enough charisma and physical stamina to play Frank Martin (the 'Transporter's' leading role) with brio," EuropaCorp CEO Christophe Lambert told Variety.
The reboot will return to the French Riviera and give more depth to the character of Martin, including his relationship with his father. Camille Delamarre ("Brick Mansion") will serve as a director, and Bill Collage and Adam Cooper ("Accepted", "Tower Heist") will write the script.
No actor has been tapped to play Martin's father. The upcoming "Transporter 4" is planned to kick off a new trilogy. Production is expected to begin in June this year, while the release date will be announced later.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season