Seth Meyers Names Fred Armisen as His 'Late Night' Band Leader
Seth Meyers is reuniting with his former "Saturday Night Live" co-star Fred Armisen on "Late Night". The former "SNL" head writer has named the "Portlandia" star as the leader of his show's house band, 8G Band.
"Fred will curate and lead the band, and continue to run it even when he's off shooting Portlandia," so Meyers announced on Twitter. He also posted the first photo of him with members of 8G Band, including Armisen, Seth Jabour (guitar), Kimberly Thompson (drums), Eli Janney (keyboards) and Syd Butler (bass).
Armison is no stranger to music. He was a drummer with the punk rock band Trenchmouth and once showed off his drumming skills in a drum battle with Questlove on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Questlove and his band The Roots are following Jimmy Fallon over to his new show, "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", which will premiere February 17. Meyers, meanwhile, will make his "Late Night" hosting debut on February 24. Both shows air on NBC.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance