Seth Meyers Names Fred Armisen as His 'Late Night' Band Leader
Seth Meyers is reuniting with his former "Saturday Night Live" co-star Fred Armisen on "Late Night". The former "SNL" head writer has named the "Portlandia" star as the leader of his show's house band, 8G Band.
"Fred will curate and lead the band, and continue to run it even when he's off shooting Portlandia," so Meyers announced on Twitter. He also posted the first photo of him with members of 8G Band, including Armisen, Seth Jabour (guitar), Kimberly Thompson (drums), Eli Janney (keyboards) and Syd Butler (bass).
Armison is no stranger to music. He was a drummer with the punk rock band Trenchmouth and once showed off his drumming skills in a drum battle with Questlove on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Questlove and his band The Roots are following Jimmy Fallon over to his new show, "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", which will premiere February 17. Meyers, meanwhile, will make his "Late Night" hosting debut on February 24. Both shows air on NBC.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'