Seth Meyers Names Fred Armisen as His 'Late Night' Band Leader
Seth Meyers is reuniting with his former "Saturday Night Live" co-star Fred Armisen on "Late Night". The former "SNL" head writer has named the "Portlandia" star as the leader of his show's house band, 8G Band.
"Fred will curate and lead the band, and continue to run it even when he's off shooting Portlandia," so Meyers announced on Twitter. He also posted the first photo of him with members of 8G Band, including Armisen, Seth Jabour (guitar), Kimberly Thompson (drums), Eli Janney (keyboards) and Syd Butler (bass).
Armison is no stranger to music. He was a drummer with the punk rock band Trenchmouth and once showed off his drumming skills in a drum battle with Questlove on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Questlove and his band The Roots are following Jimmy Fallon over to his new show, "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", which will premiere February 17. Meyers, meanwhile, will make his "Late Night" hosting debut on February 24. Both shows air on NBC.
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'