Seth Meyers Names Fred Armisen as His 'Late Night' Band Leader
Seth Meyers is reuniting with his former "Saturday Night Live" co-star Fred Armisen on "Late Night". The former "SNL" head writer has named the "Portlandia" star as the leader of his show's house band, 8G Band.
"Fred will curate and lead the band, and continue to run it even when he's off shooting Portlandia," so Meyers announced on Twitter. He also posted the first photo of him with members of 8G Band, including Armisen, Seth Jabour (guitar), Kimberly Thompson (drums), Eli Janney (keyboards) and Syd Butler (bass).
Armison is no stranger to music. He was a drummer with the punk rock band Trenchmouth and once showed off his drumming skills in a drum battle with Questlove on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Questlove and his band The Roots are following Jimmy Fallon over to his new show, "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", which will premiere February 17. Meyers, meanwhile, will make his "Late Night" hosting debut on February 24. Both shows air on NBC.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group