Seth Meyers Names Fred Armisen as His 'Late Night' Band Leader
Seth Meyers is reuniting with his former "Saturday Night Live" co-star Fred Armisen on "Late Night". The former "SNL" head writer has named the "Portlandia" star as the leader of his show's house band, 8G Band.
"Fred will curate and lead the band, and continue to run it even when he's off shooting Portlandia," so Meyers announced on Twitter. He also posted the first photo of him with members of 8G Band, including Armisen, Seth Jabour (guitar), Kimberly Thompson (drums), Eli Janney (keyboards) and Syd Butler (bass).
Armison is no stranger to music. He was a drummer with the punk rock band Trenchmouth and once showed off his drumming skills in a drum battle with Questlove on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon".
Questlove and his band The Roots are following Jimmy Fallon over to his new show, "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon", which will premiere February 17. Meyers, meanwhile, will make his "Late Night" hosting debut on February 24. Both shows air on NBC.
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'