Amy Adams Called Valentino's Insensitive Press Release 'Appalling'
Amy Adams wants the world to know where she sits in the recent mistake that luxury brand Valentino made. The "American Hustle" star's representative released a statement to clarify that the actress had no professional tie to the fashion house despite their press release.
Valentino was slammed for being insensitive when a representative of them announced Adams was wearing one of their bag collections to Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York City on Friday, February 7. "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavany [sic] Rockstud Duble [sic] bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York," Valentino rep Upasna Khosla wrote.
Valentino has since apologized for releasing such statement in a grieving situation. Mona Swanson, vice-president of communications for Valentino USA, said, "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media of Amy Adams with a Valentino Bag. We were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our P.R. Efforts."
Adams' rep told Page Six, "Amy Adams is not a paid spokesperson for Valentino, and the suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling."
More Amy Adams News
- Asa Butterfield Is Martian Coming to Earth in New 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Liev Schreiber Shares Sweet Birthday Message for Naomi Watts After Split
- 'Outlander' Casts Older Fergus for Season 3
- That's What You Call Karma! Blac Chyna Leaks Rob Kardashian's Phone Number
- Listen to Tinashe and GTA's Sexy New Single 'All Caught Up'
- Angelina Jolie Enlists the Real Olivia Pope for Brad Pitt Divorce
- Report: Kim Kardashian Is Making Another Sex Tape and Opening a High-End Nude Resort
- Want to Meet Ryan Gosling and Harrison Ford on 'Blade Runner 2' Set? Here's How to Win the Trip