Amy Adams Called Valentino's Insensitive Press Release 'Appalling'
Amy Adams wants the world to know where she sits in the recent mistake that luxury brand Valentino made. The "American Hustle" star's representative released a statement to clarify that the actress had no professional tie to the fashion house despite their press release.
Valentino was slammed for being insensitive when a representative of them announced Adams was wearing one of their bag collections to Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York City on Friday, February 7. "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavany [sic] Rockstud Duble [sic] bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York," Valentino rep Upasna Khosla wrote.
Valentino has since apologized for releasing such statement in a grieving situation. Mona Swanson, vice-president of communications for Valentino USA, said, "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media of Amy Adams with a Valentino Bag. We were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our P.R. Efforts."
Adams' rep told Page Six, "Amy Adams is not a paid spokesperson for Valentino, and the suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling."
More Amy Adams News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns