Amy Adams Called Valentino's Insensitive Press Release 'Appalling'
Amy Adams wants the world to know where she sits in the recent mistake that luxury brand Valentino made. The "American Hustle" star's representative released a statement to clarify that the actress had no professional tie to the fashion house despite their press release.
Valentino was slammed for being insensitive when a representative of them announced Adams was wearing one of their bag collections to Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York City on Friday, February 7. "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavany [sic] Rockstud Duble [sic] bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York," Valentino rep Upasna Khosla wrote.
Valentino has since apologized for releasing such statement in a grieving situation. Mona Swanson, vice-president of communications for Valentino USA, said, "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media of Amy Adams with a Valentino Bag. We were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our P.R. Efforts."
Adams' rep told Page Six, "Amy Adams is not a paid spokesperson for Valentino, and the suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling."
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala