Amy Adams Called Valentino's Insensitive Press Release 'Appalling'
Amy Adams wants the world to know where she sits in the recent mistake that luxury brand Valentino made. The "American Hustle" star's representative released a statement to clarify that the actress had no professional tie to the fashion house despite their press release.
Valentino was slammed for being insensitive when a representative of them announced Adams was wearing one of their bag collections to Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York City on Friday, February 7. "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavany [sic] Rockstud Duble [sic] bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York," Valentino rep Upasna Khosla wrote.
Valentino has since apologized for releasing such statement in a grieving situation. Mona Swanson, vice-president of communications for Valentino USA, said, "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media of Amy Adams with a Valentino Bag. We were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our P.R. Efforts."
Adams' rep told Page Six, "Amy Adams is not a paid spokesperson for Valentino, and the suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling."
More Amy Adams News
- Scott Eastwood Is in Talks to Star in 'Pacific Rim 2'
- Video: Chris Brown Throws a Fan's Phone Used to Film Him at a Club
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' Season 4 Casting News Fuels the Ghost Rider Speculation
- 'Quantico' Beauty Priyanka Chopra Reveals She Has 'Never Dated.' Here's Why
- Drake Says His Heart's Broken by Rihanna as They Spark New Dating Rumor in London
- First Look at Matthew McConaughey as Man in Black on 'The Dark Tower' Set
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo