Amy Adams Called Valentino's Insensitive Press Release 'Appalling'
Amy Adams wants the world to know where she sits in the recent mistake that luxury brand Valentino made. The "American Hustle" star's representative released a statement to clarify that the actress had no professional tie to the fashion house despite their press release.
Valentino was slammed for being insensitive when a representative of them announced Adams was wearing one of their bag collections to Philip Seymour Hoffman's funeral in New York City on Friday, February 7. "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavany [sic] Rockstud Duble [sic] bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York," Valentino rep Upasna Khosla wrote.
Valentino has since apologized for releasing such statement in a grieving situation. Mona Swanson, vice-president of communications for Valentino USA, said, "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media of Amy Adams with a Valentino Bag. We were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our P.R. Efforts."
Adams' rep told Page Six, "Amy Adams is not a paid spokesperson for Valentino, and the suggestion she would use this moment to participate in a promotion is truly appalling."
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2