September 25, 2016  
Home > News > TV

'The Walking Dead' Subway Prank Under NYPD Investigation

February 10, 2014 (2:52 pm) GMT
AMC and the producers of the zombie apocalypse TV series failed to get permits from New York city officials.

The producers of "" possibly did not check with New York's Metropolitan Transit Authority (MTA) first before scaring its citizens. An MTA spokesman said they're investigating the zombie prank that the show played last week to promote the return of the AMC series this Sunday, February 9.

The promotional video showed several actors playing zombies lurking beneath a subway grate and scaring New Yorkers who passed by 14th Street at Union Square. Some people who fell victim to the prank could be seen jumping in fear but some laughed it off. The video has received more than 3 million views since it was posted on YouTube last Wednesday.

City officials are investigating the video because MTA considered it troubling. "We are deeply troubled by this video," an MTA spokesman said Sunday. "We have forwarded it to the NYPD and are also conducting our own investigation."

According to city agencies, permits are required for commercial shoots with actors that use public space. The "Walking Dead" prank apparently did not get such permits. AMC is yet to respond to the investigation.

More The Walking Dead News

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
  2. Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
  3. Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
  4. Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
  5. Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
  6. Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
  7. Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
  8. Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked