Lauryn Hill Cancels New Jersey Show Again Due to Stomach Bug
Lauryn Hill has canceled her scheduled show in New Jersey after she fell ill. The concert, which was supposed to happen on Friday, February 7 at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, was a rescheduled performance for another show she axed in December.
Hill's representative has explained the star's health condition in a statement. "She came down with a stomach bug/virus...and received medical attention ... Her condition unfortunately did not improve for (the) performance. We apologize for any inconvenience," the rep said.
On the same day she canceled her concert, Hill appeared on "Late Show with David Letterman". Wearing a plaid dress and leather jacket, she looked just fine when paying a tribute to The Beatles by performing "Something".
"For clarity, her performance on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' was pre-recorded on Thursday, not on Friday when it aired," her rep added.
The performance on the CBS show was Hill's first appearance on television in three years. The 38-year-old singer released her newest single titled "Consumerism" as a celebration of her release from prison back in October.
Lauryn Hill Performs "Something" on "The Late Show With David Letterman":
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date