Lauryn Hill Cancels New Jersey Show Again Due to Stomach Bug
Lauryn Hill has canceled her scheduled show in New Jersey after she fell ill. The concert, which was supposed to happen on Friday, February 7 at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, was a rescheduled performance for another show she axed in December.
Hill's representative has explained the star's health condition in a statement. "She came down with a stomach bug/virus...and received medical attention ... Her condition unfortunately did not improve for (the) performance. We apologize for any inconvenience," the rep said.
On the same day she canceled her concert, Hill appeared on "Late Show with David Letterman". Wearing a plaid dress and leather jacket, she looked just fine when paying a tribute to The Beatles by performing "Something".
"For clarity, her performance on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' was pre-recorded on Thursday, not on Friday when it aired," her rep added.
The performance on the CBS show was Hill's first appearance on television in three years. The 38-year-old singer released her newest single titled "Consumerism" as a celebration of her release from prison back in October.
Lauryn Hill Performs "Something" on "The Late Show With David Letterman":
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!