Lauryn Hill Cancels New Jersey Show Again Due to Stomach Bug
Lauryn Hill has canceled her scheduled show in New Jersey after she fell ill. The concert, which was supposed to happen on Friday, February 7 at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, was a rescheduled performance for another show she axed in December.
Hill's representative has explained the star's health condition in a statement. "She came down with a stomach bug/virus...and received medical attention ... Her condition unfortunately did not improve for (the) performance. We apologize for any inconvenience," the rep said.
On the same day she canceled her concert, Hill appeared on "Late Show with David Letterman". Wearing a plaid dress and leather jacket, she looked just fine when paying a tribute to The Beatles by performing "Something".
"For clarity, her performance on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' was pre-recorded on Thursday, not on Friday when it aired," her rep added.
The performance on the CBS show was Hill's first appearance on television in three years. The 38-year-old singer released her newest single titled "Consumerism" as a celebration of her release from prison back in October.
Lauryn Hill Performs "Something" on "The Late Show With David Letterman":
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance