Lauryn Hill Cancels New Jersey Show Again Due to Stomach Bug
Lauryn Hill has canceled her scheduled show in New Jersey after she fell ill. The concert, which was supposed to happen on Friday, February 7 at the Count Basie Theatre in Red Bank, was a rescheduled performance for another show she axed in December.
Hill's representative has explained the star's health condition in a statement. "She came down with a stomach bug/virus...and received medical attention ... Her condition unfortunately did not improve for (the) performance. We apologize for any inconvenience," the rep said.
On the same day she canceled her concert, Hill appeared on "Late Show with David Letterman". Wearing a plaid dress and leather jacket, she looked just fine when paying a tribute to The Beatles by performing "Something".
"For clarity, her performance on 'The Late Show With David Letterman' was pre-recorded on Thursday, not on Friday when it aired," her rep added.
The performance on the CBS show was Hill's first appearance on television in three years. The 38-year-old singer released her newest single titled "Consumerism" as a celebration of her release from prison back in October.
Lauryn Hill Performs "Something" on "The Late Show With David Letterman":
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season