Video: Jimmy Fallon Joined by The Muppets to Say Goodbye to 'Late Night'
While Jay Leno had a star-studded farewell episode on "Tonight Show", Jimmy Fallon's last "Late Night" show also featured special guests. The "Saturday Night Live" alum bid farewell to "Late Night" with the help of The Muppets, who joined him for a musical performance of The Band's "The Weight" on Friday night, February 7.
Fallon opened the touching rendition with his solo vocal while playing the drums. The puppets played other instruments, with Kermit the Frog and Little Miss Piggy showing up towards the end of the performance.
After the song ended, Fallon was seen walking through the corridor to his new "Tonight Show" studio where his crew welcomed him with cheers.
Also on his last "Late Night" episode, Fallon welcomed guest Andy Samberg, who turned the table and asked his fellow "SNL" alum some questions in an "intense interview." The likes of Miley Cyrus, Will Forte and Sarah Silverman, meanwhile, shared some "Tonight Show" advice.
Fallon's final "Late Night" episode hit a series high since 1993 with 6.6 million viewers. It's only second behind David Letterman's exit episode more than 20 years ago.
Jimmy Fallon & The Muppets Say Goodbye To "Late Night" (with "The Weight" from "The Last Waltz"):
Intense Interview with Andy Samberg:
Celebrities Offer Tonight Show Advice:
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!