Video: Jimmy Fallon Joined by The Muppets to Say Goodbye to 'Late Night'
While Jay Leno had a star-studded farewell episode on "Tonight Show", Jimmy Fallon's last "Late Night" show also featured special guests. The "Saturday Night Live" alum bid farewell to "Late Night" with the help of The Muppets, who joined him for a musical performance of The Band's "The Weight" on Friday night, February 7.
Fallon opened the touching rendition with his solo vocal while playing the drums. The puppets played other instruments, with Kermit the Frog and Little Miss Piggy showing up towards the end of the performance.
After the song ended, Fallon was seen walking through the corridor to his new "Tonight Show" studio where his crew welcomed him with cheers.
Also on his last "Late Night" episode, Fallon welcomed guest Andy Samberg, who turned the table and asked his fellow "SNL" alum some questions in an "intense interview." The likes of Miley Cyrus, Will Forte and Sarah Silverman, meanwhile, shared some "Tonight Show" advice.
Fallon's final "Late Night" episode hit a series high since 1993 with 6.6 million viewers. It's only second behind David Letterman's exit episode more than 20 years ago.
Jimmy Fallon & The Muppets Say Goodbye To "Late Night" (with "The Weight" from "The Last Waltz"):
Intense Interview with Andy Samberg:
Celebrities Offer Tonight Show Advice:
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs