Video: Jimmy Fallon Joined by The Muppets to Say Goodbye to 'Late Night'
While Jay Leno had a star-studded farewell episode on "Tonight Show", Jimmy Fallon's last "Late Night" show also featured special guests. The "Saturday Night Live" alum bid farewell to "Late Night" with the help of The Muppets, who joined him for a musical performance of The Band's "The Weight" on Friday night, February 7.
Fallon opened the touching rendition with his solo vocal while playing the drums. The puppets played other instruments, with Kermit the Frog and Little Miss Piggy showing up towards the end of the performance.
After the song ended, Fallon was seen walking through the corridor to his new "Tonight Show" studio where his crew welcomed him with cheers.
Also on his last "Late Night" episode, Fallon welcomed guest Andy Samberg, who turned the table and asked his fellow "SNL" alum some questions in an "intense interview." The likes of Miley Cyrus, Will Forte and Sarah Silverman, meanwhile, shared some "Tonight Show" advice.
Fallon's final "Late Night" episode hit a series high since 1993 with 6.6 million viewers. It's only second behind David Letterman's exit episode more than 20 years ago.
Jimmy Fallon & The Muppets Say Goodbye To "Late Night" (with "The Weight" from "The Last Waltz"):
Intense Interview with Andy Samberg:
Celebrities Offer Tonight Show Advice:
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding