Liam Payne Reportedly Was 'Livid' After Plane Got Delayed Due to Bomb Threat
Liam Payne reportedly lost his cool at an airport recently. According to U.K.'s Mirror, the One Direction member was heading for Philadelphia from Puerto Rico when his flight got delayed due to a bomb threat and he was "swearing up a storm" at the airline staff as the result.
"Liam was livid. He was tired and grumpy, and just wanted to get home because it was his girlfriend's birthday. He snapped at officials and started swearing. Everyone was quite taken aback," a source said of the situation. After calming down, the 20-year-old star apologized for his words. "He apologized soon after. He didn't mean any offense," the source added.
A fan then claimed that the star, who apparently was still upset, did not smile for a photo. "I love One Direction... but for him to act like a complete jerk because of a flight that was delayed due to a bomb threat?!? Every single person on that plane has to deal with this too... we all are trying to find flights and get home. And he was swearing up a storm. He was a nobody three years ago. Just because you're famous doesn't mean you should be a jerk to your fans. It's hard to love someone who takes fame too far. Liam Payne, I've lost my respect," a fan reportedly said.
The flight initially was scheduled to take off at 1:30 P.M. It was allowed to go at 5:18 P.M. after the authorities found no explosives in the craft.
More Liam Payne News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'