Kanye West's Air Yeezy II Sold Out in Eleven Minutes
Nike released its collaboration with Kanye West, Air Yeezy II Red Octobers, out of the blue on Sunday, February 9. The announcement came via a Twitter post from the company's account which read, "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 is now available." A link to the website where fans could buy the shoes was included in the post.
Eleven minutes after the announcement, the company gave an update on the product's availability. "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 has sold out on Nike.com," they said in a post. There is no info about how many pairs were sold at that time.
Shortly after the company announced that the shoes were no longer available, they were sold on E-Bay for much bigger price. Daily Mail noted that the original price was $245, but people offering them online asked as much as $7,500.
Last year, West and Nike apparently had disagreement about their latest collaboration. The rapper vented his frustration about the shoe availability during a concert at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville, Tenn. in late November. West also revealed a partnership with Adidas during a radio interview that month. "I took the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family... I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart," he said.
More Kanye West News
- 'Teen Mom' Star Amber Portwood Confirms Sex Tape Negotiations
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Butt and Sideboob in Another Yacht Date With Younes Bendjima
- NBC Pushes Jennifer Lopez's 'Bye Bye Birdie Live!' to 2018
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless in New Sultry Selfie
- Report: Emma Watson Getting Married in Big Sur This Summer
- See Hilarious Horror-Themed Memes of Trump's Awkward Photo With Pope Francis
- New Beau? Mischa Barton Caught Getting Handsy With Mystery Man in Cannes
- HBO Renews 'Veep' and 'Silicon Valley' for 2017-2018 Seasons