Kanye West's Air Yeezy II Sold Out in Eleven Minutes
Nike released its collaboration with Kanye West, Air Yeezy II Red Octobers, out of the blue on Sunday, February 9. The announcement came via a Twitter post from the company's account which read, "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 is now available." A link to the website where fans could buy the shoes was included in the post.
Eleven minutes after the announcement, the company gave an update on the product's availability. "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 has sold out on Nike.com," they said in a post. There is no info about how many pairs were sold at that time.
Shortly after the company announced that the shoes were no longer available, they were sold on E-Bay for much bigger price. Daily Mail noted that the original price was $245, but people offering them online asked as much as $7,500.
Last year, West and Nike apparently had disagreement about their latest collaboration. The rapper vented his frustration about the shoe availability during a concert at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville, Tenn. in late November. West also revealed a partnership with Adidas during a radio interview that month. "I took the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family... I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart," he said.
More Kanye West News
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama