Kanye West's Air Yeezy II Sold Out in Eleven Minutes
Nike released its collaboration with Kanye West, Air Yeezy II Red Octobers, out of the blue on Sunday, February 9. The announcement came via a Twitter post from the company's account which read, "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 is now available." A link to the website where fans could buy the shoes was included in the post.
Eleven minutes after the announcement, the company gave an update on the product's availability. "The Nike Air Yeezy 2 has sold out on Nike.com," they said in a post. There is no info about how many pairs were sold at that time.
Shortly after the company announced that the shoes were no longer available, they were sold on E-Bay for much bigger price. Daily Mail noted that the original price was $245, but people offering them online asked as much as $7,500.
Last year, West and Nike apparently had disagreement about their latest collaboration. The rapper vented his frustration about the shoe availability during a concert at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville, Tenn. in late November. West also revealed a partnership with Adidas during a radio interview that month. "I took the Adidas deal because I have royalties and I have to provide for my family... I'm gonna be the first hip-hop designer and because of that, I'm gonna be bigger than Wal-Mart," he said.
More Kanye West News
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair