'World War Z' Director Marc Forster to Adapt Mars-Set Sci-Fi Novel 'Red Rising'
Marc Forster has a major project on his plate after leaving Brad Pitt's "World War Z". The director is on board to helm an upcoming feature film adaptation of 26-year-old Pierce Brown's debut novel "Red Rising", a young-adult sci-fi story set in Mars.
The story centers on Darrow, the lowest member of society on desolate Mars. He's born to toil in the bowels of the planet in service to the sovereign Golds, but later rises as a revolutionary after suffering a devastating loss and betrayal.
The book, which draws comparison to "The Hunger Games" and "Harry Potter", gets rave reviews from critics including best-selling author Terry Brooks. Universal won the bidding war of buying the movie rights to the novel in a seven figure deal.
The author who already scored three-book deal to write the follow-ups will write the script for the movie himself. Joe Roth ("Alice in Wonderland") serves as a producer with Palak Patel and Renee Wolfe. No cast and release date have been announced for "Red Rising".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding