Miley Cyrus Declines High School Student's Prom Invitation
Miley Cyrus has revealed her answer after a high school student, Matt Peterson, asked her to go to a prom with him in a viral video. Cyrus responded to the request in a Twitter post on Saturday, February 8. The pop star declined the invitation, but hoped that he could join her at her concert. "Dear Matt Peterson, I don't think I'll be able to make it to prom BUT why don't you come to my AZ show & hang w me? Don't forget a corsage," she wrote.
Although Cyrus cannot join him at the prom, Peterson apparently is happy with the offer. "I need a [tongue] tuxedo made by the 27th. THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY WHOLE ENTIRE LIFE!!! #mileyprom," he said in an excited-sounding Twitter post, to which Cyrus answered, "PuHlEaSe."
"I'm a freaking out. I was jumping up and down and it was the coolest thing ever," Peterson told FOX 10 News after receiving the response. "I've already cried talking to her, I just need to be a man and not cry," said the 17-year-old student who cried with excitement when meeting Cyrus during a radio interview in 2009.
"The way that she doesn't care what anyone thinks and she just puts herself out there [it's] something I look up to her for and something that I kinda hope that I did with this video just putting myself out there," he added. "When I look back, without social media none of this would have happened and the fact that I can reach out to my idol and the person I look up to so much within a week and have her see a video I put out it's pretty surreal."
More Miley Cyrus News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby