Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry Returning to 'American Idol' as Mentors
"American Idol" alums Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry are set to return to the show. Instead of making musical performances, they will assume mentoring role during their guest appearance.
Season 8's runner-up Lambert and season 5's fourth-placer Daughtry will share some advice to contestants during Randy Jackson's "Boot Camp". The "Boot Camp" round is one of the twists added to the current 13th season.
The frontman of rock band DAUGHTRY couldn't hide his excitement at returning to the show. He already shared an Instagram picture of him and Lambert, and captioned it with, "Hanging with @Adamlambert at the #idol workshop. Glad to be back! Stay tuned..."
The "Boot Camp" is a "two-day workshop" hosted by former judge Jackson between Hollywood Week and the live shows. A source previously explained the "Boot Camp" "is so that America will really get to know the contestants before they vote for the first time."
"American Idol" season 13 recently aired the first week of its Hollywood Round and will cut down the contestants to 30 in this coming week. The "Boot Camp" reportedly will air on February 18 and 19.
More American Idol News
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'