Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry Returning to 'American Idol' as Mentors
"American Idol" alums Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry are set to return to the show. Instead of making musical performances, they will assume mentoring role during their guest appearance.
Season 8's runner-up Lambert and season 5's fourth-placer Daughtry will share some advice to contestants during Randy Jackson's "Boot Camp". The "Boot Camp" round is one of the twists added to the current 13th season.
The frontman of rock band DAUGHTRY couldn't hide his excitement at returning to the show. He already shared an Instagram picture of him and Lambert, and captioned it with, "Hanging with @Adamlambert at the #idol workshop. Glad to be back! Stay tuned..."
The "Boot Camp" is a "two-day workshop" hosted by former judge Jackson between Hollywood Week and the live shows. A source previously explained the "Boot Camp" "is so that America will really get to know the contestants before they vote for the first time."
"American Idol" season 13 recently aired the first week of its Hollywood Round and will cut down the contestants to 30 in this coming week. The "Boot Camp" reportedly will air on February 18 and 19.
More American Idol News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle