Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry Returning to 'American Idol' as Mentors
"American Idol" alums Adam Lambert and Chris Daughtry are set to return to the show. Instead of making musical performances, they will assume mentoring role during their guest appearance.
Season 8's runner-up Lambert and season 5's fourth-placer Daughtry will share some advice to contestants during Randy Jackson's "Boot Camp". The "Boot Camp" round is one of the twists added to the current 13th season.
The frontman of rock band DAUGHTRY couldn't hide his excitement at returning to the show. He already shared an Instagram picture of him and Lambert, and captioned it with, "Hanging with @Adamlambert at the #idol workshop. Glad to be back! Stay tuned..."
The "Boot Camp" is a "two-day workshop" hosted by former judge Jackson between Hollywood Week and the live shows. A source previously explained the "Boot Camp" "is so that America will really get to know the contestants before they vote for the first time."
"American Idol" season 13 recently aired the first week of its Hollywood Round and will cut down the contestants to 30 in this coming week. The "Boot Camp" reportedly will air on February 18 and 19.
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance