'Great Gatsby', 'Her' and 'Gravity' Win Art Directors Guild Awards
"The Great Gatsby" won at the 18th annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday evening, February 8 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Catherine Martin, the wife of director Baz Luhrmann, was feted for her production design in Luhrmann's period film "The Great Gatsby" starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
It marks Martin's second ADG win. She previously won for her work in her husband's 2001 romantic jukebox musical "Moulin Rouge!". She also grabbed Best Costume Design and Best Art Direction at the Academy Awards. This year, she is nominated for the Oscars again in the same categories.
Two other ADG winners in feature film category are K.K. Barrett who won in Contemporary Film category for Spike Jonze's genre-bending sci-fi romance "Her", and Andy Nicholson who won in Fantasy Film category for Alfonso Cuaron's space 3D wonder "Gravity".
Also recognizing people who worked for TV productions, the awards show presented Martin Scorsese with the Cinematic Imagery Award and Rick Carter with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Meanwhile, Robert Clatworthy, Harper Goff and J. Michael Riva were the Hall of Fame inductees.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival