'Great Gatsby', 'Her' and 'Gravity' Win Art Directors Guild Awards
"The Great Gatsby" won at the 18th annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday evening, February 8 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Catherine Martin, the wife of director Baz Luhrmann, was feted for her production design in Luhrmann's period film "The Great Gatsby" starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
It marks Martin's second ADG win. She previously won for her work in her husband's 2001 romantic jukebox musical "Moulin Rouge!". She also grabbed Best Costume Design and Best Art Direction at the Academy Awards. This year, she is nominated for the Oscars again in the same categories.
Two other ADG winners in feature film category are K.K. Barrett who won in Contemporary Film category for Spike Jonze's genre-bending sci-fi romance "Her", and Andy Nicholson who won in Fantasy Film category for Alfonso Cuaron's space 3D wonder "Gravity".
Also recognizing people who worked for TV productions, the awards show presented Martin Scorsese with the Cinematic Imagery Award and Rick Carter with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Meanwhile, Robert Clatworthy, Harper Goff and J. Michael Riva were the Hall of Fame inductees.
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017
- Amber Heard Claims Police Lie About Finding No Evidence to Protect Johnny Depp
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'