'Great Gatsby', 'Her' and 'Gravity' Win Art Directors Guild Awards
"The Great Gatsby" won at the 18th annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday evening, February 8 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Catherine Martin, the wife of director Baz Luhrmann, was feted for her production design in Luhrmann's period film "The Great Gatsby" starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
It marks Martin's second ADG win. She previously won for her work in her husband's 2001 romantic jukebox musical "Moulin Rouge!". She also grabbed Best Costume Design and Best Art Direction at the Academy Awards. This year, she is nominated for the Oscars again in the same categories.
Two other ADG winners in feature film category are K.K. Barrett who won in Contemporary Film category for Spike Jonze's genre-bending sci-fi romance "Her", and Andy Nicholson who won in Fantasy Film category for Alfonso Cuaron's space 3D wonder "Gravity".
Also recognizing people who worked for TV productions, the awards show presented Martin Scorsese with the Cinematic Imagery Award and Rick Carter with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Meanwhile, Robert Clatworthy, Harper Goff and J. Michael Riva were the Hall of Fame inductees.
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'