'Great Gatsby', 'Her' and 'Gravity' Win Art Directors Guild Awards
"The Great Gatsby" won at the 18th annual Art Directors Guild Awards Saturday evening, February 8 at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Catherine Martin, the wife of director Baz Luhrmann, was feted for her production design in Luhrmann's period film "The Great Gatsby" starring Leonardo DiCaprio.
It marks Martin's second ADG win. She previously won for her work in her husband's 2001 romantic jukebox musical "Moulin Rouge!". She also grabbed Best Costume Design and Best Art Direction at the Academy Awards. This year, she is nominated for the Oscars again in the same categories.
Two other ADG winners in feature film category are K.K. Barrett who won in Contemporary Film category for Spike Jonze's genre-bending sci-fi romance "Her", and Andy Nicholson who won in Fantasy Film category for Alfonso Cuaron's space 3D wonder "Gravity".
Also recognizing people who worked for TV productions, the awards show presented Martin Scorsese with the Cinematic Imagery Award and Rick Carter with the Lifetime Achievement Award. Meanwhile, Robert Clatworthy, Harper Goff and J. Michael Riva were the Hall of Fame inductees.
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation