Shia LaBeouf Exits Press Conference After One Question, Wears Paper Bag on Red Carpet
Shia LaBeouf continued to display his antics at the press conference of Lars von Trier's "Nymphomaniac" on Sunday, February 9. The actor, who was hit hard with plagiarism scandal in December, inexplicably stormed out of the press conference and wore a paper bag over his head on the red carpet of International Film Festival Berlinale.
LaBeouf spent only 10 minutes at the press conference after answering one question using someone else's quote. The first question asked him about doing a movie with so many sex scenes. LaBeouf, who looked thinner and was missing a lower tooth, answered slowly and deliberately, "When the seagulls follow the trawler, it's because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea. Thank you very much." The quote LaBeouf used came from French soccer legend Eric Cantona who also said the same sentence at a press conference for "Looking for Eric".
LaBeouf made his exit and stunned the rest of the panelists including Christian Slater, Uma Thurman, Stellan Skarsgard, Stacy Martin and producer Louise Vesth. The audience gave LaBeouf a light applause as he walked away. Slater then attempted to lighten the situation with a joke. "Obviously, the script is packed with a lot of sardines ...one sardine after another," he said.
The actor made another statement on the red carpet walk of "Nymphomaniac" an hour later by wearing a paper bag which read, "I am not famous anymore." He has been using the quote on his Twitter since announcing his retirement from the movie industry last month because his creative work has been attacked. LaBeouf would later denounce his retirement and antics by calling them "performance art."
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier