Panic At the Disco Called Off Concert After Floors Cracked
Panic At the Disco took safety precaution of canceling their performance in Atlanta. The rock band was two songs into their concert at The Tabernacle on Friday, February 7 night when they noticed the floors started to crack.
The incident occurred after fans rushed forward to the stage and danced inside the 100-year-old music venue. The band told the audience that they needed to go outside temporarily so that security could check the floors. "About 300 people rushed forward to the stage and after a few seconds, we felt something buckle," someone in the audience said.
Another concertgoer recalled, "The situation could have been much worse and a large crack developing in a floor with hundreds of people on it is a major problem. As somebody who was on the floor at the time, I am very appreciative that an expert was there doing their job so well, and that helped keep us safe."
In the end the concert had to be canceled because the floors were cracked so badly. "This was going to be a story either way - an evacuation or a collapse," Fire Lt. Ulysses Gladden said as quoted by AJC.com. Building experts were called later to inspect the floors.
"The safety of all at The Tabernacle - fans, performers and crew - is our number one priority and we will always side with caution," venue officials said in the Facebook post. "We were completely impressed with how calmly everyone left the building when directed by the Fire Marshall (sic)."
The band has rescheduled the Atlanta concert and will come visit again this summer. "That was crazy. Glad everyone's ok, even though it still sucks we can't play. We'll see your beautiful faces in the summer," frontman Brandon Urie tweeted.
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones