George Zimmerman and DMX's Boxing Match Called Off
There will be no boxing match between George Zimmerman and DMX for the owner of Celebrity Boxing Damon Feldman said "people's feelings meant more to me." Damon announced on Saturday, February 8, "The George Zimmerman fight is canceled I'm sorry for anyone I hurt with this but this was a very big opportunity thank you."
Feldman suggested that he was concern about putting acquitted Trayvon Martin killer Zimmerman up on ring. "This was the wrong person to put in the ring and define celebrity boxing," he tweeted Saturday. The promoter added, "I'd rather be happy and make people happy" and that there is "more to life than money".
Meanwhile, DMX's spokesman Domenick Nati said in a statement, "Damon Feldman has announced that the George Zimmerman fight is cancelled via his Twitter. As previously stated, DMX never agreed to the fight and we thank you for all of the support from DMX's fans." Nati noted that no concert dates of DMX will be affected.
The celebrity boxing match stemmed from Zimmerman's revelation that boxing was his hobby. A number of celebrities such as rapper The Game volunteered to go against Zimmerman, and Feldman had over 15,000 emails to respond to. The match was set for next month with Floyd Mayweather Sr. as referee before it was canceled.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?