Christoph Waltz Attached to 17th Century Movie 'Tulip Fever'
While there are many speculations on what movie Christoph Waltz will appear in next, a confirmation came from Berlin Film Festival. The two-time Oscar winner is attached to British movie "Tulip Fever" which is a passion project from producer Alison Owen.
Waltz will star opposite Dane DeHaan and Alicia Vikander in the 17th century movie directed by Justin Chadwick. The actor himself confirmed to THR of his involvement in the project but wouldn't reveal his role. He called the script for the movie "brilliant" and can't wait to start filming. Pre-production will begin in April this year.
The story is based on Deborah Moggach's novel of the same name about a love affair between a man and a woman at a time paintings were highest form of art in Dutch. At the same time frame, Tulip was Dutch's most profitable commodities.
Jude Law was previously set to star in the film in 2004 but production was shut down when British government changed its tax-break program. A large part of the movie's $20 million budget was suddenly none.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris