Christoph Waltz Attached to 17th Century Movie 'Tulip Fever'
While there are many speculations on what movie Christoph Waltz will appear in next, a confirmation came from Berlin Film Festival. The two-time Oscar winner is attached to British movie "Tulip Fever" which is a passion project from producer Alison Owen.
Waltz will star opposite Dane DeHaan and Alicia Vikander in the 17th century movie directed by Justin Chadwick. The actor himself confirmed to THR of his involvement in the project but wouldn't reveal his role. He called the script for the movie "brilliant" and can't wait to start filming. Pre-production will begin in April this year.
The story is based on Deborah Moggach's novel of the same name about a love affair between a man and a woman at a time paintings were highest form of art in Dutch. At the same time frame, Tulip was Dutch's most profitable commodities.
Jude Law was previously set to star in the film in 2004 but production was shut down when British government changed its tax-break program. A large part of the movie's $20 million budget was suddenly none.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?