Christoph Waltz Attached to 17th Century Movie 'Tulip Fever'
While there are many speculations on what movie Christoph Waltz will appear in next, a confirmation came from Berlin Film Festival. The two-time Oscar winner is attached to British movie "Tulip Fever" which is a passion project from producer Alison Owen.
Waltz will star opposite Dane DeHaan and Alicia Vikander in the 17th century movie directed by Justin Chadwick. The actor himself confirmed to THR of his involvement in the project but wouldn't reveal his role. He called the script for the movie "brilliant" and can't wait to start filming. Pre-production will begin in April this year.
The story is based on Deborah Moggach's novel of the same name about a love affair between a man and a woman at a time paintings were highest form of art in Dutch. At the same time frame, Tulip was Dutch's most profitable commodities.
Jude Law was previously set to star in the film in 2004 but production was shut down when British government changed its tax-break program. A large part of the movie's $20 million budget was suddenly none.
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!