Clint Eastwood Saves Man From Choking to Death
Clint Eastwood was a lifesaver at the volunteer dinner party taking place on the eve of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am. The 83-year-old actor/director performed Heimlich maneuver on Steve John when he noticed the tournament director choking on a piece of cheese.
"Clint saved my life," John told Carmel Pine Cone, "We were just talking. A piece of cheese went in my mouth and suddenly I couldn't breathe." He added, "Clint came up behind me and he knew exactly what to do. He did the Heimlich maneuver and he lifted me right off the ground. He's strong!"
Eastwood himself said, "I saw that look in his eyes and saw that look of panic people have when they see their life passing before their eyes. It looked bad." He went on, "I gave him three good jolts and that got it out. And then I made him drink a big glass of water with a bunch of lemon squeezed in it."
More Clint Eastwood News
- Here's What Blac Chyna Thinks of Kylie Jenner Playing Step Mom to King Cairo
- 'Mr. Robot' 2.09 Preview: It's Time to Go Home
- Lady GaGa's New Song 'Perfect Illusion' Reportedly due Out Next Week
- Three Potential Directors Lined Up to Helm 'Captain Marvel'
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maksim Chmerkovskiy Will Return, Ryan Lochte Is in Talks for Season 23
- Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie for Her Birthday After Partying With Bronte Blampied
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj to Perform 'Side to Side' at 2016 MTV VMAs
- Inside Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's Proposal Plans