Pics: Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett and Other Stars Join Philip Seymour Hoffman's Family at Funeral
A private funeral service for Philip Seymour Hoffman was held Friday, February 7, a day after the wake for the late actor took place. Family and friends gathered at St. Ignatius of Loyola church in Manhattan to say goodbye to the "Jack Goes Boating" director, who died February 2 of possible drug overdose.
Hoffman's longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell, who reportedly didn't live together with the actor when he died, was seen at the service with their children Cooper, 10, Tallulah 7, and Willa, 5. O'Donnell was seen comforting two of their children at one point. His mother Marilyn O'Connor was also there.
Screenwriter David Bar Katz, who found Hoffman's body in his apartment, was clearly grief-stricken as he's embraced by a fellow mourner. Celebrities spotted at the funeral included Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Justin Theroux, Ben Stiller, Meryl Streep, Joaquin Phoenix, Michelle Williams as well as director Spike Lee.
A larger public memorial is in the works for later this month. The official cause of death is still unknown as an autopsy on his body was inconclusive, so the New York City medical examiners' office is still awaiting results of additional tests.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?