Pics: Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett and Other Stars Join Philip Seymour Hoffman's Family at Funeral
A private funeral service for Philip Seymour Hoffman was held Friday, February 7, a day after the wake for the late actor took place. Family and friends gathered at St. Ignatius of Loyola church in Manhattan to say goodbye to the "Jack Goes Boating" director, who died February 2 of possible drug overdose.
Hoffman's longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell, who reportedly didn't live together with the actor when he died, was seen at the service with their children Cooper, 10, Tallulah 7, and Willa, 5. O'Donnell was seen comforting two of their children at one point. His mother Marilyn O'Connor was also there.
Screenwriter David Bar Katz, who found Hoffman's body in his apartment, was clearly grief-stricken as he's embraced by a fellow mourner. Celebrities spotted at the funeral included Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Justin Theroux, Ben Stiller, Meryl Streep, Joaquin Phoenix, Michelle Williams as well as director Spike Lee.
A larger public memorial is in the works for later this month. The official cause of death is still unknown as an autopsy on his body was inconclusive, so the New York City medical examiners' office is still awaiting results of additional tests.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters