Pics: Meryl Streep, Cate Blanchett and Other Stars Join Philip Seymour Hoffman's Family at Funeral
A private funeral service for Philip Seymour Hoffman was held Friday, February 7, a day after the wake for the late actor took place. Family and friends gathered at St. Ignatius of Loyola church in Manhattan to say goodbye to the "Jack Goes Boating" director, who died February 2 of possible drug overdose.
Hoffman's longtime partner Mimi O'Donnell, who reportedly didn't live together with the actor when he died, was seen at the service with their children Cooper, 10, Tallulah 7, and Willa, 5. O'Donnell was seen comforting two of their children at one point. His mother Marilyn O'Connor was also there.
Screenwriter David Bar Katz, who found Hoffman's body in his apartment, was clearly grief-stricken as he's embraced by a fellow mourner. Celebrities spotted at the funeral included Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Julianne Moore, Justin Theroux, Ben Stiller, Meryl Streep, Joaquin Phoenix, Michelle Williams as well as director Spike Lee.
A larger public memorial is in the works for later this month. The official cause of death is still unknown as an autopsy on his body was inconclusive, so the New York City medical examiners' office is still awaiting results of additional tests.
- Refusing to Enter Rehab, Lamar Odom Walks Out of Family's Intervention
- Kristen Bell Shares First Photos From Her Wedding While Tearing Up Talking About Hubby Dax Shepard
- Comic-Con: 'Justice League' Debuts First Footage, 'Wonder Woman' Gets First Trailer
- Watch Melissa McCarthy, Jodie Foster, Adam Sandler Ruin Their Han Solo Auditions on 'CONAN'
- People Are Upset Taylor Swift Uses Special Instagram Tool to Block Those Snake Emojis
- Artist of the Week: Stacy Ferguson
- Miranda Kerr Flaunts Huge Ring and Long Legs During First Outing Since Evan Spiegel's Proposal
- Comic-Con: 'Legion' Unveils First Footage. Take a Look at the X-Men TV Series