Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern'
Anne Hathaway nabs a lead role in workplace comedy "The Intern", according to The Hollywood Reporter. The "Les Miserables" actress is tapped to replace Reese Witherspoon, who was initially booked for the female lead but forced to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Directed by Nancy Meyers, the film will follow a retiree who decides to return to the work force and is forced to start as an intern. Robert De Niro is attached to play the intern, while Hathaway is expected to portray the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned him.
Hathaway was last seen in "Don Jon" directed and written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She will next lend her voice to animated film "Rio 2", star in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi "Interstellar" and indie drama "Song One".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked