Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern'
Anne Hathaway nabs a lead role in workplace comedy "The Intern", according to The Hollywood Reporter. The "Les Miserables" actress is tapped to replace Reese Witherspoon, who was initially booked for the female lead but forced to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Directed by Nancy Meyers, the film will follow a retiree who decides to return to the work force and is forced to start as an intern. Robert De Niro is attached to play the intern, while Hathaway is expected to portray the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned him.
Hathaway was last seen in "Don Jon" directed and written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She will next lend her voice to animated film "Rio 2", star in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi "Interstellar" and indie drama "Song One".
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off