Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern'
Anne Hathaway nabs a lead role in workplace comedy "The Intern", according to The Hollywood Reporter. The "Les Miserables" actress is tapped to replace Reese Witherspoon, who was initially booked for the female lead but forced to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Directed by Nancy Meyers, the film will follow a retiree who decides to return to the work force and is forced to start as an intern. Robert De Niro is attached to play the intern, while Hathaway is expected to portray the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned him.
Hathaway was last seen in "Don Jon" directed and written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She will next lend her voice to animated film "Rio 2", star in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi "Interstellar" and indie drama "Song One".
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival