Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern'
Anne Hathaway nabs a lead role in workplace comedy "The Intern", according to The Hollywood Reporter. The "Les Miserables" actress is tapped to replace Reese Witherspoon, who was initially booked for the female lead but forced to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Directed by Nancy Meyers, the film will follow a retiree who decides to return to the work force and is forced to start as an intern. Robert De Niro is attached to play the intern, while Hathaway is expected to portray the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned him.
Hathaway was last seen in "Don Jon" directed and written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She will next lend her voice to animated film "Rio 2", star in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi "Interstellar" and indie drama "Song One".
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed