Anne Hathaway in Talks to Replace Reese Witherspoon in 'The Intern'
Anne Hathaway nabs a lead role in workplace comedy "The Intern", according to The Hollywood Reporter. The "Les Miserables" actress is tapped to replace Reese Witherspoon, who was initially booked for the female lead but forced to drop out of the project due to scheduling conflicts.
Directed by Nancy Meyers, the film will follow a retiree who decides to return to the work force and is forced to start as an intern. Robert De Niro is attached to play the intern, while Hathaway is expected to portray the owner of an Internet company who gets assigned him.
Hathaway was last seen in "Don Jon" directed and written by Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She will next lend her voice to animated film "Rio 2", star in Christopher Nolan's sci-fi "Interstellar" and indie drama "Song One".
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service