K. Michelle Debuts Music Video for 'Can't Raise a Man'
K. Michelle has premiered the music video for her track called "Can't Raise a Man". The three-and-a-half-minute visuals, directed by Benny Boom, gives a look at the R&B singer dressing up in a purple dress when performing the song in front of a waterfall.
The footage of Michelle showing off her vocals intersperses with black-and-white scenes of several couples dealing with the problems in their respective relationship. The problems include domestic violence, drugs, pregnancy and cheating.
"Can't Raise a Man" is about a woman who realizes that she can't change a grown man's behavior. "It's amazing how one topic can touch women of all ethnicities and backgrounds," Michelle recently said of the song.
"I feel like men nowadays are not holding their own, and the roles are reversed. Ladies you can never raise a man. Maturity, morals and values are instilled in the beginning of their life ... you can't teach somebody morals at 30 or even 23, you can't do it," she added.
The track serves as the second single off her debut album, "Rebellious Soul", that peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200 after it was released last August. Michelle's new mixtape "Still No Fucks Given" will arrive on Valentine's Day.
K. Michelle's "Can't Raise a Man" music video
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance