K. Michelle Debuts Music Video for 'Can't Raise a Man'
K. Michelle has premiered the music video for her track called "Can't Raise a Man". The three-and-a-half-minute visuals, directed by Benny Boom, gives a look at the R&B singer dressing up in a purple dress when performing the song in front of a waterfall.
The footage of Michelle showing off her vocals intersperses with black-and-white scenes of several couples dealing with the problems in their respective relationship. The problems include domestic violence, drugs, pregnancy and cheating.
"Can't Raise a Man" is about a woman who realizes that she can't change a grown man's behavior. "It's amazing how one topic can touch women of all ethnicities and backgrounds," Michelle recently said of the song.
"I feel like men nowadays are not holding their own, and the roles are reversed. Ladies you can never raise a man. Maturity, morals and values are instilled in the beginning of their life ... you can't teach somebody morals at 30 or even 23, you can't do it," she added.
The track serves as the second single off her debut album, "Rebellious Soul", that peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200 after it was released last August. Michelle's new mixtape "Still No Fucks Given" will arrive on Valentine's Day.
K. Michelle's "Can't Raise a Man" music video
- 'Simpsons' Creator Matt Groening's New Animated Show 'Disenchantment' Coming to Netflix
- Robert Pattinson Addresses Relationship With FKA twigs: We're Still 'Kind of' Engaged
- Meghan Markle Wants to Have Twins With Prince Harry
- Did Justin Bieber Cancel Tour Due to Religious Reasons?
- Leonardo DiCaprio Brings 'The Right Stuff' TV Adaptation to National Geographic
- Is Celine Dion Dating Backup Dancer Pepe Munoz?
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Kristen Stewart and Stella Maxwell Crash a Same-Sex Wedding to Everyone's Delight