K. Michelle Debuts Music Video for 'Can't Raise a Man'
K. Michelle has premiered the music video for her track called "Can't Raise a Man". The three-and-a-half-minute visuals, directed by Benny Boom, gives a look at the R&B singer dressing up in a purple dress when performing the song in front of a waterfall.
The footage of Michelle showing off her vocals intersperses with black-and-white scenes of several couples dealing with the problems in their respective relationship. The problems include domestic violence, drugs, pregnancy and cheating.
"Can't Raise a Man" is about a woman who realizes that she can't change a grown man's behavior. "It's amazing how one topic can touch women of all ethnicities and backgrounds," Michelle recently said of the song.
"I feel like men nowadays are not holding their own, and the roles are reversed. Ladies you can never raise a man. Maturity, morals and values are instilled in the beginning of their life ... you can't teach somebody morals at 30 or even 23, you can't do it," she added.
The track serves as the second single off her debut album, "Rebellious Soul", that peaked at No. 2 on Billboard 200 after it was released last August. Michelle's new mixtape "Still No Fucks Given" will arrive on Valentine's Day.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce