Fashion House Apologizes for Touting Amy Adams' Bag at Philip Seymour Hoffman Wake
Valentino has picked the wrong moment to promote its bag. On Friday, February 7, USA Today entertainment reporter Donna Freydkin pointed out that she had received an email naming the Valentino bag that Amy Adams carried to Philip Seymour Hoffman wake, expressing her disgust over the tasteless press release.
"Just got a press release naming the handbag Amy Adams was carrying while in NYC for PSH's funeral. #tasteless #ew," Freydkin tweeted in response to the email from public relations pro Upasna Khosla which read, "We are pleased to announce Amy Adams carrying the Valentino Garavani Rockstud Duble bag from the Spring/Summer 2014 collection on Feb. 6 in New York."
Following the backlash it received, Valentino has apologized through a statement. "We sincerely regret releasing a photo to the media this morning of Amy Adams with a Valentino bag," the company's spokeswoman Mona Swanson stated, claiming that they "were not aware the photograph was taken while she was attending the wake of Philip Seymour Hoffman. It was an innocent mistake, and we apologize to Ms. Adams who was not aware, or a part of, our PR efforts."
Adams and her fiance Darren Le Gallo were among mourners attending the wake for Hoffman at Frank Campbell Funeral Home on Madison Avenue in New York on Thursday. Other celebrities spotted paying tribute to the late actor included Joaquin Phoenix, Cate Blanchett, Justin Theroux, Michelle Williams and Ellen Burstyn.
More Amy Adams News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation