Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Among 2014 NBA All-Star Performers
Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams have been named as performers at this year's NBA All-Star Weekend. The Compton rapper and the Grammy Award-winning producer will be joined by other artists, including Janelle Monae, Earth, Wind & Fire and Gary Clark Jr., at the event which will be held in New Orleans later this month.
NBA announced on Thursday, February 6 that Lamar would perform during the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday, February 15. He is slated to perform "an exclusive medley of smash hits from his critically acclaimed albums."
Pharrell will appear at Sunday night's All-Star Game. The "Happy" singer, who will perform at the upcoming Oscars, is opening the festivity with "surprise musical guests." Clark and Serena Ryder will sing the U.S. and Canadian national anthems, respectively.
The big game's halftime show will feature performances from New Orleans native Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, legendary band Earth, Wind & Fire, R&B singer Monae and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Dr. John.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'