Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Among 2014 NBA All-Star Performers
Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams have been named as performers at this year's NBA All-Star Weekend. The Compton rapper and the Grammy Award-winning producer will be joined by other artists, including Janelle Monae, Earth, Wind & Fire and Gary Clark Jr., at the event which will be held in New Orleans later this month.
NBA announced on Thursday, February 6 that Lamar would perform during the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday, February 15. He is slated to perform "an exclusive medley of smash hits from his critically acclaimed albums."
Pharrell will appear at Sunday night's All-Star Game. The "Happy" singer, who will perform at the upcoming Oscars, is opening the festivity with "surprise musical guests." Clark and Serena Ryder will sing the U.S. and Canadian national anthems, respectively.
The big game's halftime show will feature performances from New Orleans native Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, legendary band Earth, Wind & Fire, R&B singer Monae and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Dr. John.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3