Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Among 2014 NBA All-Star Performers
Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams have been named as performers at this year's NBA All-Star Weekend. The Compton rapper and the Grammy Award-winning producer will be joined by other artists, including Janelle Monae, Earth, Wind & Fire and Gary Clark Jr., at the event which will be held in New Orleans later this month.
NBA announced on Thursday, February 6 that Lamar would perform during the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday, February 15. He is slated to perform "an exclusive medley of smash hits from his critically acclaimed albums."
Pharrell will appear at Sunday night's All-Star Game. The "Happy" singer, who will perform at the upcoming Oscars, is opening the festivity with "surprise musical guests." Clark and Serena Ryder will sing the U.S. and Canadian national anthems, respectively.
The big game's halftime show will feature performances from New Orleans native Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, legendary band Earth, Wind & Fire, R&B singer Monae and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Dr. John.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'
- Kate Hudson Looks on Awkwardly as Ex Matt Bellamy Makes Out With Elle Evans in Greece
- Miley Cyrus Will Reportedly Release New Single in October
- Lindsay Lohan Spotted Drinking, Smoking and Showing Tiny Baby Bump During Vacation