Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Among 2014 NBA All-Star Performers
Kendrick Lamar and Pharrell Williams have been named as performers at this year's NBA All-Star Weekend. The Compton rapper and the Grammy Award-winning producer will be joined by other artists, including Janelle Monae, Earth, Wind & Fire and Gary Clark Jr., at the event which will be held in New Orleans later this month.
NBA announced on Thursday, February 6 that Lamar would perform during the Sprite Slam Dunk Contest on Saturday, February 15. He is slated to perform "an exclusive medley of smash hits from his critically acclaimed albums."
Pharrell will appear at Sunday night's All-Star Game. The "Happy" singer, who will perform at the upcoming Oscars, is opening the festivity with "surprise musical guests." Clark and Serena Ryder will sing the U.S. and Canadian national anthems, respectively.
The big game's halftime show will feature performances from New Orleans native Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue, legendary band Earth, Wind & Fire, R&B singer Monae and Rock & Roll Hall of Famer Dr. John.
More Kendrick Lamar News
- Roger Ailes - Megyn Kelly Harassment Movie Is in the Works
- Surprise Baby Bump! Lake Bell Is Expecting Her Second Child
- T.J. Miller Arrested for Hitting Uber Driver
- Savannah Guthrie Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- 'Fast and Furious 8' Reveals Explosive Teaser Trailer and Official Title
- Louis Tomlinson Mourning the Loss of His Mother Who Dies of Leukemia
- Woody Harrelson Hell Bent on Killing Caesar in 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Trailer
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation