Report: Miss Marvel to Appear in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Shortly after Paul Bettany's casting news broke out, a new rumor suggests there will be one more superhero addition to the already crowded "Avengers: Age of Ultron". Latino-Review reports Miss Marvel will round up the major casting for the film.
How the heroine will fit into the story is still kept under wraps. It's also unclear who could possibly be tapped to play the female hero in the upcoming sequel, but "Riddick" actress Katee Sackhoff was once linked to the coveted role.
"The Avengers" follow-up is scheduled for U.S. release on May 1, 2015. Bettany is cast as The Vision, an android created by Ultron as his henchman in the comic books. However, the Vision later turns the table and becomes an Avenger member himself.
The "Margin Call" actor is no stranger to Marvel Cinematic Universe. He previously voiced J.A.R.V.I.S., Tony Stark's virtual assistant, in the three "Iron Man" movies and the first "Avengers" flick. Rumor has it, the AI will be replaced in "Avengers 2" by an actual human butler, Edwin Jarvis, with Simon McBurney rumored taking on the role.
Robert Downey Jr. is back as Iron Man, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Chris Evans as Captain America, Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk, and Jeremy Renner as Hawkeye. Cobie Smulders and Samuel L. Jackson return as Agent Maria Hill and Nick Fury respectively.
Directed by Joss Whedon, the movie adds James Spader as Ultron, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Aaron Johnson as Quicksilver, and Thomas Kretschmann as villainous Baron Wolfgang von Strucker. Don Cheadle is also expected to reprise his role as Col. James 'Rhodey' Rhodes. A first look at Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver reportedly will be shown during the post credits of "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" which is due April 4.
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza
- William Shatner Says Nick Viall 'Needs to Go' From 'DWTS', the 'Bachelor' Star Reacts
- Zac Efron Is Drag Queen, The Rock Disses One Direction in New 'Baywatch' Trailer