Ben Winchell and Ana Villafane Cast in 'Max Steel' Movie
"Max Steel" movie has found its lead actors. "A.N.T. Farm" star Ben Winchell is tapped as the title character and "Los Americans" actress Ana Villafane is cast as his love interest in the live-action adaptation of Mattel's popular superhero toy line.
Taylor Lautner was initially attached to play the male lead, but he later dropped out of the project in favor of "Stretch Armstrong", a superhero flick based on a property by Mattel's rival company Hasbro. The pic, however, never took off and was eventually canned.
"Thor: The Dark World" writer Christopher Yost is hired to pen the script, and Stewart Hendler ("Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn", "H+") is booked to sit behind the lens. It centers on teenager Max McGrath and his alien companion Steel, who combine special turbo-energy powers to become the superhero Max Steel.
The film is scheduled to make its way out in 2015. It will be the first installment of a planned movie series and is currently presented to buyers at the European Film Market at the Berlin Film Festival, which runs from February 6-16.
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo