Ben Winchell and Ana Villafane Cast in 'Max Steel' Movie
"Max Steel" movie has found its lead actors. "A.N.T. Farm" star Ben Winchell is tapped as the title character and "Los Americans" actress Ana Villafane is cast as his love interest in the live-action adaptation of Mattel's popular superhero toy line.
Taylor Lautner was initially attached to play the male lead, but he later dropped out of the project in favor of "Stretch Armstrong", a superhero flick based on a property by Mattel's rival company Hasbro. The pic, however, never took off and was eventually canned.
"Thor: The Dark World" writer Christopher Yost is hired to pen the script, and Stewart Hendler ("Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn", "H+") is booked to sit behind the lens. It centers on teenager Max McGrath and his alien companion Steel, who combine special turbo-energy powers to become the superhero Max Steel.
The film is scheduled to make its way out in 2015. It will be the first installment of a planned movie series and is currently presented to buyers at the European Film Market at the Berlin Film Festival, which runs from February 6-16.
More Max Steel News
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?